Thursday, April 4, 2024

Statements of Faith - Absolute Surrender

 

GALATiANS 2:20

I have been crucified with CHRIST; it is no longer I who live but CHRIST lives in me; and the life which I now live I live faith in THE SON OF GOD who loved me and gave Himself for me. 

Romans 3:22
And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction. 

Romans 6:6
We know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be rendered powerless, that we should no longer be slaves to sin.

Song of Solomon 6:3
I am my Beloved’s, And my Beloved is mine. He feeds his flock among the lilies. 

Psalm 100:3
Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. 

MATTHEW 6:10

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Matthew 4:17
From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you. 

Matthew 4:19
Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” 

    To be absolutely surrendered to God is to choose to obey His Word and walk in His Way of Holiness. It is to choose to be molded into the person He desires us to be. We surrender our will for His willingly and with great expectation to see what God will do and is doing in us. 
    To be absolutely surrendered to God is to be content in all things, as Paul wrote to the church in Philippi, "Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to live humbly, and I know how to abound. I am accustomed to any and every situation—to being filled and being hungry, to having plenty and having need." (Philippians 4:11, 12). 
    To be absolutely surrendered to God is to give Him my life, my time, my finances: all of which He has given me. For I did not create myself nor did I save myself. God is the God of all my days. He blesses His people when they choose to be obedient to His Word. I want the blessings of God that I might bless Him and bless others with the blessings He gives me. 
    To be absolutely surrendered to God is to know "joy unspeakable" and have "the peace that passes understanding" even in hard times, sorrowful times,  wearying times. (1 Peter 1:8; Philippians 4:7). It is to have absolute faith in the knowledge that God is in control and knows what He is doing; to trust God at all times. 
    To be absolutely surrendered to God is to listen for His voice and Hear Him speak when I search out His presence to spend time with Him in prayer. Prayer is how the surrendered heart communicates with its God. 
    Today is the day to be absolutely surrendered to God. While there is still time. 

WITHHOLDING NOTHING Medley - William McDowell







No comments:

Post a Comment