Monday, June 27, 2022

Intelligent Worship Series -- Intro

 Intelligent Worship brings us into the presence of God. There are 12 parts to this series, plus this introduction. 


What do we see when we enter the presence of God? John, in the Spirit, saw an emerald rainbow around the throne of God. Emeralds come in just about every color known, so while many envision a green bow around the throne, I see so much more. 

 



--John heard a voice like a trumpet speak to him. 
Revelation 4:1
After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. 
--John saw a throne and someone sitting on it.
Revelation 4:2
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
--John saw the radiance and could only describe what he saw in colors he knew.
Revelation 4:3
And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald

Ezekiel saw so much when he entered the eternal presence of God that I can only list a couple of them here.
--Ezekiel was always in the presence of God, for the Word came to him. 
Ezekiel 1:3
The Word of the LORD came expressly unto Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the river Chebar; and the hand of the LORD was there upon him.
--Ezekiel saw a sapphire throne.
Ezekiel 10:1
Then I looked, and, behold, in the firmament that was above the head of the cherubims there appeared over them as it were a sapphire stone, as the appearance of the likeness of a throne.

--Isaiah saw the Lord on His throne.
Isaiah 6:1
In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. 
Isaiah saw and heard the worshiping seraphim and instantly repented.
Isaiah 6:2-6
--Isaiah heard the voice of the Lord.
Isaiah 6:8
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

--Daniel saw the Ancient of Days and the Son of Man together.
Daniel 7:9-14

Many are the wondrous things to see in the presence of God, not the least of which is the Lord God Himself! Intelligent worship brings us into the presence of God, but it won't keep us there. For there is much work to be done before our day arrives to be there permanently with Him. 

Until then we will read and re-read all the gloriousness of being in God's presence. 
Adam had it, then he lost it. That can happen to us, too, if we're not careful. Let us watch and pray, therefore, that our testimony may be perfect when we see God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment