Monday, April 8, 2024

Statements of Faith - I Am Redeemed & Forgiven

 

 

EPHESIANS 1:7
In Whom we have redemption through His blood,
the forgiveness of sins,
according to the riches of His grace. 

    
    Psalm 130:7
O Israel, put your hope in The LORD, for with The LORD is loving devotion, and with Him is redemption in abundance. 
    Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of The Holy Spirit."
    Acts 20:28
Keep watch over yourselves and the entire flock of which The Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which He purchased with His own blood. 
    Romans 3:21-25
(21 But now, apart from the law, the righteousness of God has been revealed, as attested by the Law and the Prophets.
(22)And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction, 
(23) for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
(24) and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.
(25) God presented Him as the atoning sacrifice through faith in His blood, in order to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance He had passed over the sins committed beforehand.
    Acts 17:30
Although God overlooked the ignorance of earlier times, He now commands all people everywhere to repent.

    Why do I talk about Jesus so much? Why would I ever stop? It's because of His grace that I am who I am today. Jesus redeemed us with His blood and forgave us with His grace. His redeeming power and transformative forgiveness set me on the path of righteousness and holiness, which I continue to walk in today. 
    It is an old path and a narrow one. Not everyone will choose to walk with Jesus; a mind-boggling thought and a sad one. But the constraints of holiness give freedom in the liberty of The Holy Spirit. Freedom from dark thoughts, freedom from every form of addiction, freedom from the chains of sin. Freedom  in Christ Who died for us. 
    God's people love to talk about their God and how He redeemed us with the blood of His only begotten Son Jesus Christ. We love to testify, tell about how He changed us from the sinful person we once were into the person He is transforming us into. 
I LOVE TO TELL THE STORY   - Katherine Hankey
Verse 1
I love to tell the story of unseen things above,
Of Jesus and His glory, of Jesus and His love.
I love to tell the story, because I know ’tis true;
It satisfies my longings as nothing else can do.

Chorus
I love to tell the story, ’twill be my theme in glory,
To tell the old, old story of Jesus and His love.

Verse 2
I love to tell the story; more wonderful it seems
Than all the golden fancies of all our golden dreams.
I love to tell the story, it did so much for me;
And that is just the reason I tell it now to thee.

Verse 3
I love to tell the story; ’tis pleasant to repeat
What seems, each time I tell it, more wonderfully sweet.
I love to tell the story, for some have never heard
The message of salvation from God’s own holy Word.

Verse 4
I love to tell the story, for those who know it best
Seem hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest.
And when, in scenes of glory, I sing the new, new song,
’Twill be the old, old story that I have loved so long.







No comments:

Post a Comment