Saturday, December 30, 2023

I Am Christian-The Weight of A Good Name

 


A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, 
and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
Proverbs 22:1
I AM CHRISTIAN

    I've been blessed with so many studies over these past few years I wasn't sure what I would be doing or where I would be going in The Word at the end of this year and into the beginning of the next. After pondering this for some time now ( it is why the studies have been few lately), The Spirit brought to mind an old Reader's Digest story line called I Am Joe's Body and it talked about how Joe's anatomy worked. Was really well written by J.D. Ratcliff and became one of their most popular series. I still remember reading it even now. 
    This series is about the body of Christ. And to day I'm talking about her name. For the body of Christ is the church, the bride. A bride is always a her. When the bride joins with the Bridegroom the two become one and none can tear them apart or break asunder their bonds of love. 
    I am Christian. A name once spoken in mockery to the first followers of Christ: His disciples and those who believed the gospel message they spoke. The early Greeks and Romans labeled the believers as such and the name has stuck through a couple thousand years now. We are still held in contempt by the unbelieving person. But as long as we remain faithful to the full gospel message of the cross and the resurrection, our witness will remain strong and our name will be bound in Christ's name. 
    I am Christian. I live my life in the Way of Holiness, sometimes stumbling but always getting back up to continue moving forward, not looking back with regret but learning from past experiences that my faith may grow. I don't need to see the whole picture: I just need to hold The Artist's hand and believe The Maker's Voice. If I ever see the whole picture, it will be from the realms of glory. But if I never see the whole picture which God is putting together, I'm good with that, too. That takes faith; faith in the goodness of God and trusting that God knows best. 
    This faith journey is at times difficult and treacherous: leaping from one ledge to another requires great faith if I only concentrate on the gap beneath my feet. But if I am following The Shepherd, then I don't even see the gap. I am not graceful. I am Grace-Filled. I am Christian and I follow Christ. 
    



No comments:

Post a Comment