Friday, June 30, 2023

A Crucified Life - - Answers The Call to Surrender

 


    Isaiah 1:19
If you are Willing and obedient, you will eat the best of the land.

    Willing. Choosing to surrender my will, what I want, for God's will, what He wants. Considering all the components of obedience and disobedience, I choose to submit to His Ways, that His purpose might be fulfilled in me and through me. 
    A surrendered heart is a humbled heart. It is the art of self-discipline: forming new habits in Christ by faithfully applying The Word of God to my life. God writes His Word on my heart. The Holy Spirit applies The Word to my life. This Word is Christ, Life Immeasurable and Eternal. 
    It takes willingness to serve in God's kingdom. If a person is not willing to set aside their agenda, then that person is not ready to serve God. Sometimes it's a struggle to get there, but the more we submit to God's Authority, the less struggle there is and the more satisfaction there is. 
    We need to be willing AND obedient. It doesn't do us any good if we are willing to serve God, but remain in a disobedient lifestyle. It is impossible to please God if we insist on living in sin. A sin-filled lifestyle is in direct conflict with a holiness lifestyle. Sin must be repented of, confessed to God and turned away from in this life, before a person can be of any use in God's kingdom. 
    Are you ready to be willing and obedient? God knows your heart and what you are thinking. We need to become "less" as we develop a holy lifestyle and Jesus needs to become "more" (John 3:30 "He must increase, but I must decrease.").

I Surrender - Hillsong
Oceans - Hillsong United
The More I Seek You - Kari Jobe
Spirit Lead Me - Michael Ketterer
Where You Go, I Go - Jesus Culture
The Call To Come Up & The Call To Come Out - David Wilkerson (short sermon)




No comments:

Post a Comment