Monday, November 28, 2022

Thanks Be To God - - For His Revealed Love

 



1 JOHN 4:9
This is how God’s love was revealed among us: God sent His one and only Son into the world, so that we might live through Him.

*Strong's Ex. Conc. No. 5319
Revealed: make visible, make clear, make known, manifest, illumine, make apparent
From the Greek word 'phaneroĆ³' (pronounced fan-er-o'-o)



REVEALED LOVE OF GOD
1 John 4:7-10
7. Beloved, let us love one another, because love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
8. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
9. This is how God’s love was revealed among us: God sent His one and only Son into the world, so that we might live through Him.
10. And love consists in this: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as the atoning sacrifice for our sins.

John 1:18
No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is Himself God and is at the Father's side, has made Him known.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
1 John 4:16
And we have come to know and believe the love that God has for us. God is love; whoever abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us

Isn't it amazing how much God loves each one of us?! It's a beautiful love, too. He wrapped His Word in mere flesh, called Him His Son, and sent Him to die an ugly death on the cross, to liberate people from the bondage of slavery to sin: to set free those who would choose to believe on the only Name that could save us from the consequences of our sinful natures.

THE NAME OF GOD'S REVEALED LOVE
Matthew 1:21
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins.
Jeremiah 23:6
In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely. And this is His name by which He will be called: The LORD Our Righteousness.
John 1:29
The next day John sees Jesus coming to him, and said, Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world.

THE METHOD OF GOD'S REVEALED LOVE
A mock trial ensued after the Lord was blindfolded, beaten and mocked. Having been found guilty by those who hated Him, Jesus was then flogged 39 times across His back. 
Isaiah 53
Matthew 27:24-31
Mark 15:16-20
Luke 22:63-65
John 19:1-3
Though Pilate tried to have Jesus released, he saw that the crowds were riled up demanding that Jesus be crucified because He had said He was God. And for them, that was just too much to take.
God's method of His revealed love was for The WORD to die on the cross. Such a death as this, because He was the sinless LAMB OF GOD (John 1:29), would take away the sins of the world. Not just my sins. Not just your sins. Not just the sins of people we know in our own lives, but of The WHOLE world: from times long past, from this present time, from the times to come: JESUS died on the cross. 
It was God's Perfect Plan which had been set in motion back in the garden of Eden when Adam and Eve disobeyed God and sinned against Him. What JESUS did on the cross was foretold to happen.
Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity (hostility) between you and the woman, and between your seed (sons of the devil [John 8:44]; generation of vipers [Matthew 3:7]) and her seed (sons of the heavenly Father [ Matthew 5:45]; generation of  the Lord [Psalm 22:30, 24:6]) . He will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.

Dear God,
Thank you So MUCH for sending Your Son to die in my place. I could never have gotten this far in my life without You IN my heart and my life. I am Yours. May I continue to the best of my ability the work You have set before me. All the days of my life and then some I am Yours to command. 
Strengthen these feeble knees, make sure my steps, that I may walk with You without delay, for time is surely our enemy. But an eternity with You is very much better than even one moment without You.
I give You my heart: it's Yours. Make Yourself at home here, LORD. I give You my body to do with as You will. Be glorified through me. I give You my life: You gave Your Son's life so I could live beyond death, beyond the boundaries of time: in eternity with You. Thank You for this wonderful blessing of Eternal Life in You. 
O God, SAVE our Families! Deliver our children from the hands of the enemy into which they have placed themselves. Some in ignorance, some willfully, boastfully. BUT YOU O GOD can break their hearts, that their willfulness would pour out and Your brokenness be writ in. We who pray for the lost and the dying know that there is still time left for them to surrender their hearts and their lives to YOU. 
O God, You are My GOD. You are my Everything. In You I am blessed. In You I am saved. In You I am loved. In You I shine. Shine in me, LORD and through me to a dark and dying world.
In Jesus' Priceless Name, I pray,
Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment