Sunday, March 28, 2021

You Are My Rest

 

As I was trying to fall asleep and get some actual rest, I failed. And the Lord said, "Why are you trying so hard on your own? Don't you know that I am your Rest?" The Word is my Rest. So first he led me to Matthew 11:28 - "Come to Me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, And I will give you rest." Then He led me to 

Psalm 23
You, Lord, are my Shepherd;
I lack for nothing.
You make me to lie down in green pastures:
You lead me beside still waters.
You restore my soul: You lead me in the paths
of righteousness for Your name's sake.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil: for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff comfort me.
You feed me in the presence of my enemies:
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Most assuredly goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life:
and (in addition to all of this, I know that)
I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Then we strolled over to John 10 where Jesus informs us He is the Good Shepherd and that His sheep know His voice. So I listened to His voice.
Had I been asked I would have said this took only a few minutes of my time, but when I looked at the clock, one and a half hours had gone by. Because I didn't talk back. I rested.






No comments:

Post a Comment