Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Prepositional Faith

Prepositions are words that follow a verb and come before a noun or pronoun. BY, THROUGH, OVER, IN, UNDER, AROUND, TO, SINCE, AFTER, WITH, WHICH are examples of prepositions, but not all the prepositions. I have a memory from when I was in middle/jr. high school of a teacher using a story to help us remember our prepositions; amazed it has stayed with me this long.

It was about rabbits. Rabbits who lived UNDER hills, jumped OVER hills, ran AROUND hills, dug THROUGH hills. Rabbits who sat quietly BY hills, hid IN hills and lived WITH their families near hills. Rabbits chasing AFTER other rabbits.

English/Reading/ Writing were all my favorite classes. These classes helped to make me a better writer, teaching me focus and releasing my creative gifts which God has endowed me with. Especially when it comes to writing for His glory.


I have written a few songs over the years that testify of God's amazing grace on my life and the lives of those who interacted with me on this my journey. These are musical sermons. When I cannot sing a sermon, I preach it. When I cannot speak a sermon, I manage to write it down and share it publicly that way (as long as my fingers tapping the keyboard don't mess me up, 'cause I tend to type faster than I can speak). Grammar is especially important when writing one's thoughts and Bible studies. (always proofread your writings at least three times to ensure mistakes were edited).

Now, in regards to this thing called Prepositional Faith, just how would one use prepositions when describing what one believes? I do it by declaring The Word of God over my life:

*I am saved BY grace.  = Ephesians 2:8

*Henceforth, there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, WHICH The Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing. = 2 Timothy 4:8

*By God's will we are sanctified THROUGH the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. = Hebrews 10:10

*I am the light of the world. A city that is set ON a hill cannot be hid. = Matthew 5:14

*I forgive BECAUSE I am forgiven. = Luke 11:4; Matthew 6:12

*WITH His stripes I am healed. = Isaiah 53:5

*The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses me FROM all sin. = 1 John 1:7; Psalm 51:2; Revelation 1:5

*My faith is rooted and built up (grounded) IN The Lord Jesus Christ = Colossians 2:6,7

Can you define your prepositional faith?

 I love this drawing. If I knew whose work it was, I would give them credit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment