Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Healed in Jesus' Name - Part One

*Disclosure: previously shared on Facebook in April in my Notes Section. If you cannot access my Facebook page, it may be that I no longer have one.*

I have been studying and memorizing healing Scriptures, as I travel this journey with my Savior. I know that by His stripes I am healed. No longer do I say, “I have a sickness.” It is that sickness is upon me. But I declare by The Word of God that I am healed in Jesus’ Name.
Did you know that there is power in The Name of Jesus? His Name is Strong-Mighty, as read in Psalm 24:8 = ‘Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, The Lord mighty in battle.” Here His Name is JEHOVAH-’IZOA HAKABOTH - THE LORD STRONG AND MIGHTY.
Psalm 19:14 “Let the words of my mouth, And the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.” JEHOVAH-TSORI - THE LORD MY STRENGTH, MY REDEEMER.
Psalm 18:2 “The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; My God, my strength, In whom I will trust; My buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.” This verse alone gives us quite a few of His Names. First we see Jesus is our Rock: JEHOVAH-SEL’I = THE LORD MY ROCK. Second, Jesus is our Fortress: JEHOVAH-METSHODHATHI = THE LORD MY FORTRESS. Third, Jesus is our Deliverer: JEHOVAH-MEPHALTI = THE LORD MY DELIVERER.

What else are you noticing in each of this Names? He is a PERSONAL GOD. When it comes to relationships, this one is Priority One. Christ desires a personal relationship with each one of us. We seek Him out on an individual basis: each one of us, at some point in our lives, has asked God not only if He is real, but does He care about me? And we discover that yes, God is real; yes, He cares about the individual. He cares so much about each one of us that He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die for us. Would you do that?
THE LORD THE HORN OF MY SALVATION = JEHOVAH-KEREN-YISH’I. THE LORD MY HIGH TOWER = JEHOVAH-MISQABBI. Names of strength. Who else could save us from eternal damnation? Nobody but Jesus. Where else could we go in times of trouble or struggle? Nowhere but to Jesus. Where could we hide when all seem to be against us? Only in Jesus.
While The Book of Psalms is filled with many revealing Scriptures showing us who Christ is, it is not the only book of The Bible to do so. These may not seem like healing verses either, but I go where The Spirit leads, and I want to see what He is going to do.
In Psalm 18:2 David refers to God as ‘buckler’. A buckler is a shield. From here we are led to Deuteronomy 33:29 “Happy are thou, O Israel: Who is like unto thee, O people saved by The Lord, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! And thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; And thou shalt tread upon their high places.” Cross referenced with Genesis 15:1 “After these things The Word of The Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, “Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.”
Did you see that? Jesus came to Abram. And spoke to him, revealing Himself to Abram in a vision. The Word of The Lord is one of Christ’s Names. Where God is revealed by Name, He says, “I AM”. “I AM THY SHIELD.” JEHOVAH-MAGEN = THE LORD MY SHIELD. The phrasing used here can be translated as either ‘shield’ or ‘sovereign’. Shield means King. KING JESUS rules, protects and leads His people under a banner of Love. A love like no other love. An all-encompassing, unconditional love. We don’t do anything to earn it. This love cannot be bought, nor can it be sold. The Lord is my King.
My King died for me. For my perfect healing. Isaiah 53:5 “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: The chastisement of our peace was upon Him; And with His stripes we are healed.” JEHOVAH-ROPHE = THE LORD MY HEALER.
The difference between wounds and bruises? Wounds penetrate the body; bruises are the visual effect of broken blood vessels beneath the skin. My King allowed Himself to be viciously attacked in this manner. Although He knew great pain and agony would come upon Him, He surrendered to God’s will in this matter. He obeyed His Father and took these punishments in our stead. His pain, my gain. Wounded, bruised, chastised....for me. And for you.
But it didn’t end there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment