Tuesday, February 24, 2015

In Your Tabernacle

Revelation 21:3 states that at a future and permanent time "the Tabernacle of God is with men". 
This Tabernacle is Christ Jesus, God's Son. 





The Tabernacle of God stated as such in Revelation 21:3 is that same Tabernacle to which David referred in Psalm 61:4. 

I will abide in Your Tabernacle for ever: 
I will trust in the covert of your wings.

At both times, the word 'tabernacle' refers to a dwelling, a tent which can be seen from afar. These are not the only two verses, however, which mean tent or dwelling. 

In The Old Testament of The Bible the word 'tabernacle' with this meaning is referred to 182 times; in The New Testament, 15 times. Of these references, here are two more to think on:

>Psalm 27:5-6 "For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion, in the secret of His Tabernacle shall He hide me: He shall set me upon a Rock. And now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in His Tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises unto The Lord."

>Hebrews 9:1-12 "But Christ being come a high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of the building; Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by His own blood He entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us."

And while the word 'covert' may trip some up, it simply means 'hiding place, secret place, protection'. 

Se'lah is a musical pause, a suspension of music in between verses. 





No comments:

Post a Comment