Thursday, January 16, 2014

F.R.O.G.





Remember this? F.R.O.G.
Fully
Rely
On
God

Starting now. For everything. God is my Provider. His Name is Jehovah-Jireh. God is my Healer. His Name is Jehovah-Ramah. God is my Righteousness. His Name is Jehovah-Tsidkenu. God is my Sanctifier. Jehovah-M'gaddisheem. God s my Glory. Jehovah-Kabodhi.



It is God who makes us holy via The Holy Spirit in a process known as sanctification. Jehovah-M'gaddisheem, The Lord my Sanctifier. "It is because of God that you are in union with the Messiah Jesus, who for us has become wisdom from God, as well as our righteousness, sanctification, and redemption." 1 Corinthians 1:30 (ISV Bible)

Who shall I be afraid of? Why should I complain? No one and no reason. I have God as my God through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ The Messiah. I live in Jesus and He lives in me. There is none that I fear, none that I should be discouraged of. Life is hard. But it's harder without a relationship not just with Christ, but in Christ Jesus.

God does not meet me halfway, but all the way: He gave His Son to the whole world as a sin offering, that sin and its consequences would be for ever overcome/conquered by His death and resurrection. The consequences, the wages, of sin is death. Jesus conquered death.

And God requires us to meet Him all the way. God calls. Jesus saves. The Holy Spirit sanctifies. We are called to salvation. We answer that call when we repent of our sins and ask Jesus into our hearts. God forgives us and replaces our sinful heart with a new heart, a new desire to love Him and make Him happy. But how do we do that? How do we make God happy?

We ask The Holy Spirit of God to make us holy, because we have learned that without holiness no one may see God. "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." Matthew 5:8 (KJV Bible) "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." Psalm 51:10 (KJV Bible)

No one else can save us. No one else can make us holy. We need God.  We need Jesus. We need The Holy Spirit. We need to be forgiven, saved and purified. And we need it now.
(Don't you just love this painting?)

Soon Jesus will be extending His hand to His Bride and the Church will leave, along with The Holy Spirit, who has been preparing the Bride to meet her Bridegroom. This preparing stuff? Being made holy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment