Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 5 of 35 Inclination of Heart

Psalm 119:112
I have inclined my heart to perform Thy statutes always, even unto the end.
 
As a bride takes her vows, so too does the Christian. Before Christ ever walked this earth in the flesh, King David made this promise to The Lord God.
Throughout The Book of Psalms we see every emotion we go through expressed by David and a few others, who contributed to the writing of this Book.
Especially where we promise, vow, to stay with God.
It is a vow made from a heart of love,
expressed with calm joy, and perhaps a smile,
like the one I am wearing even now.
 
I have inclined my heart. I have turned my heart towards God.
to perform Thy statutes. To do Your laws, commandments, ways.
Always. For ever.
Even unto the end. Regardless of what or who may come against me.
 
In verse 108, just prior to this, he states that the words he speaks are 'free will offerings' from his mouth; no one forced him to speak these words. Nobody twisted his arm, no one made him say such.
 
I have inclined my heart. I did this. I chose to turn my heart towards The God Who Loves Me.
I choose to be with, for all eternity, The God Who Loves Me Always.
His heart is inclined to mine. And now, my heart is inclined to His.
We are one. As the Bride inclines her heart to The Groom,
The Head of The Church. For The Church is The Body of Christ.
And where the Head goes, does not the Body go also?
When Christ speaks to the Bride, it is with Words of Love and Tenderness,
Come, Follow Me. Let us go into the fields and into the valleys..
There is much work to do and very little time to do it.
Guard your heart and your mind, that the thief does not steal you away.
Set your heart on things above, place your treasures in heaven.
Give thanks in all things. Rejoice always.
Whatever you ask in My Name, you will receive.
Come, My Love; Come with Me......
 
I have inclined my heart unto The Lord.
Have you? You, after all, are my treasure. If I could place you in heaven myself, I would,
for then I would have full knowledge of where you are and never lose you.
But this decision must be yours. Only you can choose where your heart rests.
 
Be Thou My Vision by Alison Krauss


 

No comments:

Post a Comment