Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Prepositional Faith - Walk By Faith

 

2 Corinthians 5:7

For we walk by faith, not by sight. 

Romans 8:23, 24
Not only that, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved; but hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he can already see?

1 Corinthians 13:12
Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

2 Corinthians 4:18
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 

    If we could see the future, the life which God has planned out for us, would we really want to see it? All the trials, all the joys? No more surprises, either good or bad. Nor more expectations. No more anticipating what is just around the bend in the road on which we travel. 
    No. No, thank you. I don't want to know what God has prepared for me. Regardless of the tragedies ahead, regardless of the happy times that are yet to come, I want to live a life of faith in God. Faith that He knows what is best for me. Faith in God's timing, God's purpose for my life. 
    I don't need to know every little detail of my future: I just need to know where I'm going when I reach the end of this journey of life that I am currently living. I have placed my faith in God's Holy Word, His only begotten Son Jesus Christ, Who died on the cross for my sins; Who conquered death, hell and the grave; Who walked out of the tomb in a glorified body, being the firstfruits of the resurrection of the dead into eternal life. 
    That's my future. That's all I need to know.  



No comments:

Post a Comment