Saturday, February 3, 2024

Great Is Your Mercy

 


PSALM 86:13

Great is Your Mercy toward me: You have delivered my soul from the lowest hell. 

Psalm 56:13

For You have delivered my soul from death, and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in The Light of Life.

John 8:12
Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am The Light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have The Light of Life.”

    As long as I remain in The Light of God's Love, I can see clearly enough to know that God is with me and will not abandon me to my own follies. His grace, after all, is "sufficient for me".     The Lord is, as David writes in Psalm 27:1, "My Light and My Salvation, and My Strength of Life." The Lord is with me and I am content.
    
    See how David writes that The Lord God has delivered him from 'the lowest hell'? The very bottom of hell, where no light pierces. All is darkness, despair and hopelessness. His soul was in a very dark place. But God reached down when David reached up and lifted him out of the worst of the worst. Why? Because God loved David and David loved God.
    He faith in His God remained strong despite all the troubles and pitfalls David found himself in. This great faith can be ours, too. We just need to reach up to God, with our praises and prayers, and He will lift us up out of the dark places we find ourselves in from time to time.
    It's lonely in those dark places. A person would begin to believe they are all alone; that no one loves them or even thinks about them. No one reaches out to rescue them from the darkness and discouragement. It appears to the lost or lonely soul that they are the only ones to experience such thoughts. Not so, for even the faithful believer has to battle the thoughts that threaten their souls.
    Let us open our hearts and our mouths, lift our hands and begin to praise God right here, wherever you are, with every breath that is within us. Give God the glory. Give God adoration. Give God you. And you will find yourselves walking in His Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment