Monday, January 8, 2024

I Am Christian's Soul - Part One

    I am Christian and I have a living soul. I became a living soul when I believed on The Name of The Lord Jesus Christ for my salvation. Once I lived in the world according to the world's standards of living. Then I was a different creature with an old name. Now, I am a new creation in Christ and in Christ I have a new name. For I have been born again, born from heaven, born anew through the power of God's Holy Spirit working God's redeeming grace in my heart by the blood of God's only begotten Son Jesus Christ. 


    This new life in Christ has changed the course of my life's journey. No longer do I dwell in darkness and despair. Though I may get discouraged, I always have God's Word nearby to encourage me not to give up, but to push the spirits of fear, dismay and doubt out of my way that I might reach my journey's end. 
    My soul prospers when I grow closer to God and remain in His Word. The ground does not open up for the seedling to pop through; the seed must first germinate, then push it's way up through the ground. So, too, does my faith grow, enabling my spirit to prosper. 
    David wrote in Psalm 1:1-3 of the blessings of staying on God's pathway. That, in verse three, therein is prosperity. He was not writing of material wealth, but of the treasure that lies within the pages of God's written Word; of the wealth of wisdom which comes only from fearing God and being obedient to what He says to us. He wrote of the riches of staying near God, away from fools and their foolishness. This is true prosperity.
    My soul prospers when I remain in constant communion with God. Prayer is the breath of life in my spirit. A lack of prayer is a lack of communication between my God and myself. Therefore, I will draw near to God that He may draw nearer to me. Paul writes in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 that we are to "Pray without ceasing." There is no "later" when it comes to prayer. You want me to pray for you, we'll pray now, together. Later never comes around. 
    My soul lives forever now that I belong to God, now that my heart is filled with His love and grace and mercy. I have eternal life because I repented of my sins, of the wickedness of my words and actions, and received God's forgiveness and His grace. That's why we sing so many wonderful praise and worship songs to Him. Who wouldn't want to praise God for His merciful lovingkindness? 
    A tree planted by the water remains nourished. Not only does it receive life-giving resources from the water itself but the nutrients in the water sustain the tree which is planted there. Its roots extend deep into the soil and takes hold of the very thing into which it has been planted. I am Christian and my soul prospers in The Lord as a tree prospers near the water. In Him I live and move and have my being (Acts 17:28). Without Him the opposite is also true. Without Christ I existed but I didn't live. Without Christ I was stuck in the miry clay and could not get myself out of it. Such was the life of sin. But IN CHRIST I am Alive. IN CHRIST I move when He moves. IN CHRIST I am Christian. And my soul prospers.

REDEEMED - Big Daddy Weave
NOW I BELONG TO JESUS - Monica McCoy
ABIDE IN ME - Andrew Marcus
    

No comments:

Post a Comment