Saturday, July 8, 2023

A Crucified Life - - Answers The Call to Humble Oneself

 


    1 Peter 5:6
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, so that in due time He may exalt you.

    To humble oneself is to choose to put ourselves under His Authority. It is good to humble ourselves, as God gives grace to the humble (Proverbs 3:34) . And we need His grace. 
    Who are the humble? The meek, the lowly in heart. They who put God first and themselves last. With Christ as our example of humbleness (Matthew 11:29), we place the cares of our lives into His loving hands. 
    We come to God in prayer and praise, in worship and tears, in thanksgiving and joy, bringing Him everything that bothers us, all that grieves us and whatever brings a smile to our faces or fills our mouths with laughter. We are ever aware that our very existence is by the mercy of God. 
    I read this book quite a few years ago titled I Am Third in which the coach had this plaque above his desk which read: Jesus first, Others second, Yourself third. That's my daily goal. 
    It isn't as easy as it sounds, though. Sometimes God allows us to go through the storms of life. Not because He doesn't care, but because He wants us to know that He will go through these rough waters with us. He will be with us in dangerous (fiery) situations. If He chooses to bring us through, we will get through, with Him. But, if He chooses our death instead, we will still be with Him. 

Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

Isaiah 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.

Philippians 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

    The thing we need to remember is that life and death are not about us. Our life is to magnify Christ that He may be seen in us through our actions and heard in our words. The believer's death glorifies God in the same way. We submit with grace; we do not seek revenge against they who attack us, imprison us and kill us: for vengeance belongs to God (Leviticus 19:18; Deuteronomy 32:35; Romans 12:19; Hebrews 10:30). As Job says, "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him."

CALLED TO HUMBLENESS  (what I listened to while I studied)
I Found God - Ben Laine
Beatitude - Jonathan Ogden
Defender - Rita Springer
You Are The Light - Andrew Word
Psalm 34:1-9 - Awona
Red Carpet - Chapel Co.
You're The Best - Ben Oribe
Rest In You - All Sons & Daughters
Simple 
Simple Truth - Ryan Ellis
Filled With The Light - The Halls
Altar - Emilie Weiss
He Makes Me Well - Allie Paige
Home - Splendor Tree
Seek & Find - Zach Winters
Holding Us All Together - Andrew Word

No comments:

Post a Comment