Friday, June 2, 2023

A Crucified Life - - Reveals The Revealer

 


    Romans 10:20
And Isaiah boldly says: "I was found by those who did not seek Me: I revealed Myself to those who did not ask for Me."
*Strong's Ex. Conc. No. 
Revealed: manifest, visible
From the Greek word 'emphanés' (pronounced em-fan-ace'): comprehended. God giving proof of His saving grace.

    Isaiah 65:1 
“I revealed Myself to those who did not ask for Me; I was found by those who did not seek Me. To a nation that did not call My name, I said, ‘Here I am! Here I am!’"

The Bread
    In Matthew 15:21-28 we read of the Canaanite woman living in that area of Tyre and Sidon who came to Jesus begging for her daughter to be healed of demon possession. The woman asked twice, but not until she came worshiping and asked a third time did Jesus relent and heal her daughter. 
    It is just before He grants her request that we see Jesus telling her He is the Bread of Israel (v26). She responds with the desire to be fed just a crumb of this Bread. To Jesus this is great faith and so her request is granted. That's grace.
    Jesus came to the sons of Abraham, to Israel, to bring them the Bread of heaven. But they would have it not since this Bread did come to them in the way they expected Him to come: victorious, triumphant and kingly. 
    So Jesus is given to the seed of Abraham, to the children of the faith of Abraham, who 'believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness' (Genesis 15:6; Romans 4:3; James 2:23). 
    The Bread of Life is broken and given out to whosoever will take of It and receive It into themselves. (John 6:48, 51; 1 Corinthians 11:24). 
The Shepherd
    In Psalm 23:1 David writes that "The Lord is My Shepherd." And in John 10:11, Jesus states that He is the Good Shepherd Who has come to die for His sheep: "I am The Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep." 
    All of the sheep, not just the sheep of Israel. For this Good Shepherd has come to seek and to save the lost, of which I was one. (Ezekiel 34:12; Matthew 18:11; Luke 19:10; 1 Timothy 1:15). 
    The hymnist writes, "I once was lost but now I'm found" in the classic Amazing Grace. Look not on the foibles of the man who wrote it, but look on the grace which God laid on him when He found him where He found him. 
    For God finds us that we may be saved by Him from that which will surely destroy us if we refuse such Grace and Salvation from Him! Hear the Word of The Lord: "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 4:17). That's saving grace. 

I Found God - Ben Laine
My Portion - Isla Vista
Shepherd of My Soul - Rivers & Robots
Made For Jesus - John Mark Pantana
Amazing Grace - Alan Jackson
Belong To You - Here Be Lions



    


No comments:

Post a Comment