Thursday, June 15, 2023

A Crucified Life - - Answers The Call to Trust In The Lord

 


    Psalm 37:3
Trust (rely on and have confidence) in the LORD and do good; Dwell in the land and feed (securely) on His faithfulness.
    Trust is bold confidence. I have to ask myself, 'Am I trusting in the LORD in this way?'  Yes. Otherwise this peace that I have in every situation I find myself in would simply disappear and I would be fraught with needless worry and anxieties. 
    While I do get anxious sometimes, because I don't like to be forgotten or ignored, my trust in God is still firmly in place. My faith is anchored in the LORD and if someone forgets to pick me up or is late, I have turned it into prayer time. Or study time. 
    The LORD tells me not to worry about when my everyday needs will be met or if and how they are met. He has everything under control. I am clothed. I am fed. I am sheltered. Matthew 6:25-34. 
    The LORD reminds me that I am His now that I believe that He is God's only begotten Son; that He died on the cross for me and took back the keys of hell and death from Satan; that He rose from the grave and ascended to His Father. Even now Christ is seated at God's right hand, where He intercedes on my behalf. John 3:16-18; Romans 10:13, Acts 2:21;  Acts 2:22-36; Revelation 1:8; Hebrews 9.
    Therefore, I TRUST IN THE LORD with all of my heart. My Faith is in God and God has a plan and a purpose for everyone. Rewards for they who believe and punishments for they who do not. The unbeliever can get anxious and worrisome; I will not, for I TRUST in The LORD God. 
    A crucified life seeks the Kingdom of God and all His righteousness. There is only room for Trust, a full confidence in that God's will and purpose is better than mine. The LORD calls His people to Trust in Him. If you are His people, He's calling you to Trust in Him. If you are not His people yet, He's calling you to salvation through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ and to Trust Him. 
    Trust that God has a better plan for your life than you do. Trust that God's plan of salvation will save your soul and change your life in ways you cannot even begin to imagine. 
    Our money is imprinted with the phrase "In God We Trust". Are our hearts and minds imprinted with this phrase, as well? We are instructed in this verse to also "feed on His faithfulness". How has God been faithful to you? in the day? in the night? in tough times and good times? in sorrow and in joy? He is ALWAYS NEAR. 

First Things First - Consumed By Fire
Gratitude - Brandon Lake
Help Is On The Way - TobyMac
Speak To The Mountains - Chris McClarney
Rise Up - CAIN
Walking Free - Micah Tyler
God Really Loves Us - Crowder, Dante Bowe
Trading My Sorrows - Darrell Evans, Integrity Music


No comments:

Post a Comment