Saturday, January 21, 2023

Guard Your Heart - - Guard Your Life

 

1 Timothy 4:15, 16
15. Be diligent in these matters and absorbed in them, so that your progress will be evident to all.
16. Pay close attention to your life and to your teaching. Persevere in these things, for by so doing you will save both yourself and those who hear you.

*Strong's Ex. Conc. No. 3191 and No. 1961
Diligent: to care for, practice, study, revolve in the mind, premeditate on
From the Greek word 'meletaó' (pronounced mel-et-ah'-o): I devise, plan; practice, exercise myself in, study, ponder.
Persevere: to stay on, abide in
From the Greek word ' epimenó' (pronounced ep-ee-men'-o): I remain, tarry;  I remain in, persist in. To continue on with persistence that suits the objective.

    Are our lives living examples of the Gospel? Can you see Jesus in me or hear His voice when I speak? What in me is hindering you from either of these things? I have to ask myself: Does my well hold any Living Water or is it broken? Has rust (corruption) gotten into my treasure box? 
    Matthew 13:52
"The good man brings good things out of his good store of treasure, and the evil man brings evil things out of his evil store of treasure."
    Jeremiah 2:13
"“For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living water, and they have dug their own cisterns—broken cisterns that cannot hold water."

    In Matthew 28:19, 20 Jesus gives The Great Commission: "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” An instruction Paul repeats to Timothy, the young evangelist who will remain in Ephesus for a time. 
    And, so, I study. I read and devour The Word of God that I might be found an acceptable servant in His sight and give out The Word that I have heard and seen. I embrace The Word with delight; I meditate on His Word, pondering in my heart, as Mary did (Luke 2:19), what I am hearing and seeing. It is ever present within me. 
    It is what we have been studying for over a year now: what it means to be a born again Christian: the how we become born again; the why we choose to become born again; the how to live a  born again life. We are not done with our studies. Yet. 


TAKE MY LIFE  Micah Stampley

LIFESONG Casting Crowns

EVERYTHING (video skit) Lifehouse

    
    
    
    




No comments:

Post a Comment