Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Signs & Wonders of Christ's Arrival - - Treasured Words

 

Luke 2:19
But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.

*Strong's Ex. Conc. No. 4933 & 4820
Treasured: kept close, kept safe, kept in mind, preserved
Pondered: to consider
While the word  'ponder' has many more definitions than this, in the context of this verse, this is what that word means.

Not a hidden treasure like buried gold, but kept near the surface of thought treasure, like beautiful words which delight one's soul and are thought of often. 

TREASURED & PONDERED
What things was Mary treasuring and pondering?
Well, first of all, as soon as Jesus was born, a great and beautiful star appeared in the night sky. There were no angels above the stable to light the way, for they had disappeared back into heaven having completed their task of delivering the birth announcement to the shepherds. 
Secondly, if strangers dressed in their work clothes came to see your newborn baby and began to kneel and worship Him, I would think that their actions and words would bear repeating to one's self after they had left. And I'm sure they talked to the new Mom and Dad about the message they had been given regarding their new baby boy. That kind of excitement is impossible to contain.

When we first see Jesus, we, too are filled with an uncontainable joy and excitement. Our hunger for His presence is satisfied only when we are near Him. And come near Him, we must. He draws us to Himself with cords of Love, a love that is all encompassing. He wants to be with us even more than we want to be with Him. 
Being filled with such joy and wonder causes the love of God in Christ to pour out of us in testimony: Look what the Lord has done! See what a change He has wrought in my heart! As the psalmist wrote, "O give thanks unto the Lord! for He is good, for His mercy endures forever!" (Psalm 118:29) This I know, for He extended His mercy to me. 
THE WORD HID
His Word is hid in my heart, too. I treasure His Word. I ponder, I meditate on, His Word. Psalm 119:11 "Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee." I hear great and mighty things of what the Lord has done and my soul is flooded with an awestruck wonder at His power and lovingkindness towards us, towards me. 
THE WORD INSCRIBED
The Word in Matthew 6:21, says, "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." The Word is my treasure. Therefore, the Word is in my heart. Not because I put it there through Scripture memorization, but because God through the power of His Holy Spirit, acting on my faith in His Word, inscribed His Word on my heart. It really is joy unspeakable you know. 
1 Peter 1:8, 9
8. Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and rejoice with an inexpressible and glorious joy,
9. now that you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Even in the midst of our trials, our sorrows, our pain, our whatever it is we are going through situations, we can have this joy, too. Only we can prevent this joy from being in us. Those who reject Christ as Lord and Savior, reject joy. They reject His peace, His love, His flawless design for their lives. The happiness they know in this life is brief and fleeting. But joy in the Lord is permanent in a believer's heart. 

Do you know this joy? Do you want to?


Joy by 4 King & Country (try to watch on full screen or theater mode) 

Joy To The World by Phil Wickham





No comments:

Post a Comment