Saturday, December 31, 2022

Signs & Wonders of Christ's Arrival - - Generations & Genealogies

 

Matthew 1:17
So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations, from David until the captivity in Babylon are fourteen generations, and from the captivity in Babylon until the Christ are fourteen generations.

*Strong's Ex. Conc. No. 1074
Generations: race, family;  if repeated twice or with another time word, practically indicates infinity of time. 
From the Greek word 'genea' (pronounced ghen-eh-ah')  
*Strong's Ex. Conc. No. 1078
Genealogy: origin, birth, descent, lineage
From the Greek word 'genesis' (pronounced ghen'-es-is). 

GENERATIONS (BRANCHES)
     Length of time within a generational period varies as it is measured by the age a man first becomes a father. Some historians give the age of a generation as low as 25 years, some say 40 years. Therefore the length of time in measuring out generations cannot be exact. We do know that at the very least more than 1000 years had passed from Abraham to Christ's birth. 
GENEALOGIES (ROOTS)
    Genealogies, on the other hand, were from father to sons and daughters, at times with only the first born son of the father listed in the  recitation of  generations within the genealogy. The genealogy is the bloodline, the family tree in which each generation within the genealogy can trace its roots and branches. Which is why only the firstborn is listed in the genealogies of Christ in Matthew 1:1-16. 
SON OF DAVID
Psalm 132:11
The LORD has sworn in truth unto David; He will not turn from it; Of the fruit of your body will I set upon your throne.
Matthew 21:9
And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, "Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest."
SON OF ABRAHAM
Genesis 22:17, 18
17. " That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18.  And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
SON OF GOD, SON OF MAN
Son of God, Son of David
Luke 1:32 "He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto Him the throne of His father David."
 
Jesus is Son of Man for He is born of a woman (Galatians 4:4, 5), born under the law of Moses that He would be able to bring about the reconciliation of mankind with God (Romans 1:3, 4). 
Jesus is Son of God because God declares it to be so. At no other time in history has the voice of heaven said, "This is My Son." Matthew 3:17 "And a voice from heaven said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased!”

Jesus referred to Himself as Son of Man on a few occasions:
  • Luke 7:34
  • Luke 9:58
  • Mark 8:31
  • Mark 9:12
  • Mark 2:10, 28
  • Mark 10:33
  • Mark 13:26
  • John 1:51
    Daniel saw the Son of Man in a vision (Daniel 7:13). Stephen saw the Son of Man as he was dying (Acts 7:56). Though I have yet to meet Him face to face, His Spirit called to my spirit and I answered with the voice of faith, "Lord, I believe!" On my belief in Jesus Christ as Lord, I was grafted into the Vine (John 15:4, 5): I became the planting of the Lord, a tree of righteousness ( Isaiah 61:3; 1 Corinthians 3:9). I became an inheritor of grace, a daughter of faith, a seed of Abraham, of righteousness; I became a daughter of God, a friend of Jesus, a sister in the Lord. 
    I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, the only begotten Son of God. That Jesus is the Son of Man and the Son of God; that He is the Son of Abraham, the Son of David. I believe and it is counted to me for righteousness. In His righteousness I am clothed and covered. 
    He's returning soon and I'm going to be ready. My garments are being washed whiter than snow. My soul is preparing herself as a bride prepares for her groom. 
    Are you ready for the return of the King? Humble yourselves. Look into your hearts and see if you can see Jesus. There is a hunger and a thirst. An ache, a longing for something, for Someone to fill that void, to empty, scatter, the darkness that threatens to overtake you. Ask Jesus to come into your hearts, to fill you with Himself, with the Light and the Love of God. Make room in your hearts, the inn of your soul, for the Son of God. Because He's here now, knocking on the door of your hearts, and asking, Open the door and I will come in and dine with you, and you with Me. (Revelation 3:2o)

HE IS CALLED JESUS by Todd Agnew
MESSIAH by Francesca Battistelli
I SPEAK JESUS by Charity Gayle
NO HEIGHT, NO DEPTH by The Worship Initiative ft. Davy Flowers
LESS LIKE ME by Zach Williams
I SURRENDER by Hillsong Worship

No comments:

Post a Comment