Friday, November 11, 2022

Thanks Be To God -- Thanks & Worship Forever

 

Revelation 4:9-11
And whenever the living creatures give glory, honor, and thanks to the One seated on the throne who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before the One seated on the throne, and they worship Him who lives forever and ever. They cast their crowns before the throne, saying: “Worthy are You, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things; by Your will they exist and came to be.”

*Strong's Ex. Conc. No. 2169
Thanks: from the Greek word eucharistia (pronounced yoo-khar-is-tee'-ah), which means "thankfulness, giving of thanks, gratitude, thanksgiving; the giving of thanks for God's grace"

*Strong's Ex. Conc. No. 4352
Worship: from the Greek word proskuneó (pronounced pros-koo-neh'-o), which means "to do reverence to; properly, to kiss the ground when prostrating before a superior; to worship, ready "to fall down/prostrate oneself to adore on one's knees" 

THANKS TO THE ONE SEATED ON THE THRONE
2 Corinthians 9:11, 12
(11) You will be enriched in every way to be generous on every occasion, so that through us your giving will produce thanksgiving to God.
(12) For this ministry of service is not only supplying the needs of the saints, but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanksgiving to God.
Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Ephesians 5:20
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.


Psalm 47:8
God reigns over the nations; God is seated on His holy throne.
Isaiah 6:1
In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted; and the train of His robe filled the temple.
Ezekiel 1:26, 27
(26) And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it. 
(27)  And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.

WORSHIP HIM WHO LIVES FOREVER
Matthew 2:1, 2
(1) Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
(2) Saying, Where is He that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen His star in the east, and are come to worship Him.
Matthew 4:9, 10
(9) "All this I will give You,” he said, “if You will fall down and worship me."
(10) “Away from Me, Satan!Jesus declared. “For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.’ ”

FOREVER
*Strong's Ex. Conc. No. 165
Forever: from the Greek word aión, (pronounced ahee-ohn') which means "an age, a cycle (of time), especially of the present age as contrasted with the future age, and of one of a series of ages stretching to infinity. Further study tells us: Example: Christians today live in the newer age (165 /aiṓn) of the covenant – the time-period called the NT. It is characterized by Christ baptizing all believers in the Holy Spirit, i.e. engrafting all believers (OT, NT) into His mystical body (1 Cor 12:12,13,14) with all the marvelous privileges that go with that (Gal 3:23-25; 1 Pet 2:5,9). 

While this word "Forever" is defined differently within the context of verses in which it appears, the basic definition remains the same: eternal, without end, without the confines of time, continual, perpetual, always.

*Strong's Ex. Conc. No. 166
Forever: from the Greek word aiónios, pronounced ahee-o'-nee-os), which means: age-long, and therefore: practically eternal, unending; partaking of the character of that which lasts for an age, as contrasted with that which is brief and fleeting. 
aiṓnios (an adjective, derived from 165 /aiṓn ("an age, having a particular character and quality") – properly, "age-like" ("like-an-age"), i.e. an "age-characteristic" (the quality describing a particular age); (figuratively) the unique quality (reality) of God's life at work in the believer, i.e. as the Lord manifests His self-existent life (as it is in His sinless abode of heaven). " Eternal (166 /aiṓnios) life operates simultaneously outside of time, inside of time, and beyond time – i.e. what gives time its everlasting meaning for the believer through faith, yet is also time-independent
does not focus on the future per se, but rather on the quality of the age  it relates to. Believers live in this eternal life right now, as a present tense of having eternal life.

*Strong's Ex. Conc. No. 5769
Forever: from the Hebrew word 'olam' (pronounced o-lawm'), which means: antiquity, long duration, futurity; everlasting, forevermore permanently

Psalm 52:9
I will praise (yadah) You forever, because You have done it. I will wait on Your name—for it is good—in the presence of Your saints.
Psalm 136:26
Oh, give thanks (yadah) to the God of heaven! For His mercy (loving devotion) endures forever.
Psalm 146:5, 6
Happy is he that has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God: Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keeps truth for ever

Dear God,
I worship You and adore You, for You are a holy God. Had You given me only life, I would still praise You. But You have given me not only life, but the provisions of life required to sustain me, cover me and protect me. 
You have given me freedom from the chains of sin by the sacrifice of Your perfect Lamb, Your only begotten Son Jesus Christ, who was tortured and crucified for my benefit: to wash away my sins and make me clean. He who rose from the dead and walked out of the grave is now my Savior and my Friend. You did that and You did it for me, because I believe that Jesus Christ Is Lord of All, even me.
You have given me Your Holy Spirit, who sanctifies me internally that I might shine like silver and be purified like gold: in the flame until You see Yourself in me. Be glorified, O God, by my thoughts, my words and my actions. 
Help me to truly know You and ever draw closer to You. 
In Jesus' Beautiful Name, I pray,
Amen














No comments:

Post a Comment