Monday, November 14, 2022

Thanks Be To God Continually - - For They Who Received The Word

 

1 Thessalonians 2:13
For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the Word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in Truth, the Word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.

*Strong's Ex. Conc. No. 89
Without Ceasing: incessantly, constantly, without remission, without any unnecessary interval

This phrase 'without ceasing' is used four times only  in the New Testament. 


  1. Romans 1:9 
  2. 1 Thessalonians 1:3
  3. 2 Thessalonians 2:13
  4. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
GOD'S HOUSES OF PRAYER
We, the born again believers, are God's houses of prayer. Isaiah 56:7 "I will bring them to My holy mountain and make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on My altar, for My house will be called a house of prayer for all the nations.”

How is it possible for the God of Israel's house of prayer to be for all nations? Here the prophet speaks of the Word being given to not only Israel, but to all Gentiles (foreigners (Isaiah 56:6) everywhere who believe and receive the Word of God, who minister before the Lord and love His Name. 

Even before the disciples of Christ were scattered across Asia due to persecution, many foreigners believed The Word of God. Take Ruth, for example. She was a Moabite who married an Israelite. She believed in the God of Israel. Ruth would rather turn her back on the gods of Moab and turn her face to the God of Israel. 

RECEIVING THE WORD OF GOD

That is a decision each one of us must make. Do we turn our backs on the gods we have created and turn our faces to God? Or do we turn our backs on God and continue to live amongst the gods we have created? Only you can make that decision for yourself. I've already made mine. I choose to believe the Truth of God's Word and receive it for myself. My name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life! 

Prayer for every believer all over the world should be in our hearts and on our lips. Even if we can't speak well, our lips still move. But our hearts are where God lives. We are to be thanking God at all times for everyone who receives the Word of God! Rejoicing that someone has accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior! This is awesome news!

This is a joyous occasion. It is better than a birthday, greater than any holiday on any calendar. Someone new has believed the Word of God that was sent to them and received into their heart! This is exciting. Though we may not know these new believers, we are to constantly be thanking God for them. Even when we don't know the hour or day in which they believed. For someone is always receiving the Word of God, therefore Thanks should be given to God for this remarkable miracle of new life in Christ.

Dear God,
You are a holy God and You demand holiness from Your people. Make me holy. Make me clean. Make me pure. Fill me with Your righteousness.
Please forgive me of any and all unrighteousness that lingers within me today. Wash me clean of sin through Your power of Grace. Make Yourself at home in my heart, clearing the darkness and filling me with Your Light, that I may be found unblemished, unstained, when You call me home to live forever in Your presence. 
Father, thank You for every person who is receiving Your Word right now, at this moment. For we know that Your Word is still being preached to all the nations. And that when all the nations have heard Your Word, You will send Your Son to bring His bride home. Thank Your, Father, for growth in Your Word and for what it takes to cause the Word to grow in us, in me. 
Oh God, my heart is heavy but my spirit rejoices in Your Spirit. Deliver our children, their spouses, their children and their children's children for Your glory and Your kingdom. Fill them with Your Spirit that they may walk in power and glorify Your Name. Whatever it takes. 
In Jesus' Glorious Name, I pray,
Amen






No comments:

Post a Comment