Monday, October 31, 2022

Arming The Spiritual Warrior -- Dedication

 Galatians 6:9
Let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

The Dedicated Spiritual Warrior does not give up but crosses the finish line to gain their laurel.

Well-doing is the business of being a Christian, being Christ-like with all people. It is living a Christ-centered lifestyle. Well-doing is sharing the gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ, whether having a conversation {for example, Acts 8:29-38}, as a teacher, up in the pulpit preaching, evangelizing (going from place to place sharing Christ) or on the internet, like this blog, for instance. 

1 Corinthians 1:18, 23
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 
But we preach Christ crucified, [a message which is] to Jews a stumbling block [that provokes their opposition], and to Gentiles foolishness [just utter nonsense].

*Strong's Ex. Conc. No. 1573 & 3286
Faint: to be negatively influenced with the outcome of experiencing inner weariness (ref. Isaiah 40:31); to become extremely exhausted, to become extremely weary (ref. Galatians 6:9)

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
2 Corinthians 4:1
Therefore, since God in His mercy has given us this ministry, we do not lose heart.
Hebrews 12:3
Consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Well-doing requires a continual stream of divine power into our lives through our prayer life in Christ. It's the only way we will not grow weary, not be faint, not lose heart and not give up. A Dedicated Spiritual Warrior does not quit just because the work is too hard.

Isaiah 40:29
He gives power to the faint and increases the strength of the weak.
2 Corinthians 4:16, 17
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, yet our inner self is being renewed day by dayFor our light and momentary affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory that is far beyond comparison.
Romans 7:22
For in my inner being I delight in God's law.
Ephesians 3:16
That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man

The Dedicated Spiritual Warrior Is A Happy Harvester
Psalm 126:5
Those who sow in tears will reap with shouts of joy.
Proverbs 11:8
The wicked man earns an empty wage, but he who sows righteousness reaps a true reward.

The Dedicated Spiritual Warrior Is Called To Suffer
Mark 8:34, 35
Then Jesus called the crowd to Him along with His disciples, and He told them, “If anyone wants to come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me.  For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and for the gospel will save it.
Matthew 10:22
You will be hated by everyone because of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.
1 Peter 2:20-23
(20) How is it to your credit if you are beaten for doing wrong and you endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.
(21) For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His footsteps:
(22) “He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in His mouth.”
(23) When they heaped abuse on Him, He did not retaliate; when He suffered, He made no threats, but entrusted Himself to Him who judges justly.
1 Peter 3:17
For it is better, if the will of God be so, that you suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

The Dedicated Spiritual Warrior Enjoys The Harvest
2 Timothy 4:7, 8
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: From now on the crown of righteousness is laid up for me, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me in that day; but not only to me, but also to all those loving His appearing.
2 Timothy 1:12
For this reason, even though I suffer as I do, I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him for that day. 

The King Is Coming. Are you ready to meet Him. Have you been a Dedicated Spiritual Warrior? There's still time to get ready. 

Dear Lord, 
Thank You for calling me to be Your Spiritual Warrior. Thank You for calling me to suffer for Your name's sake. Thank You, Lord, for being my God, my song, my joy, my life, my King. Thank You, for being my Strength when I feel weak in spirit, for filling my heart with peace, and my thoughts with Your Wisdom. 
May my hands ever be busy doing Your work. May my feet go where You send me. For in what I do and wherein I go, I know that You are with me, for in Your Word You have promised to never leave me, never forsake me, as long as go with You. 
Open my eyes that I may see You more clearly. As I draw nearer to You, You pull me close in Your embrace. I am loved by You. Reveal Yourself in dreams and visions, as Your Word states in The Book of Joel, to those who know You not that they may recognize their need for a Savior and claim You as their Lord and King. 
Fill us now, Lord, with Your power and Your might that Your purpose would be accomplished in us and through us.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment