Monday, October 10, 2022

Arming The Spiritual Warrior -- Bold Witness

 


Ephesians 6:19

Pray also for me, whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will boldly make known the mystery of the gospel.

Ephesians 3:9

And to illuminate for everyone the stewardship of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.

Colossians 4:2-4, 6
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful, as you pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the Word, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may declare it clearly, as I should.
Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

1 Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.

Boldly speaking the Truth of the gospel of salvation also requires us to speak forth the Word with grace, compassion, mercy and wisdom. Knowing when to speak and when to keep silent is a lesson each disciple must learn for themselves. A lesson learned from studying both the Word and observing one's circumstances, being able to gauge correctly through the Spirit what to say, how to say it and when to speak it. 

Here Paul shows us that we need to ask our fellow Christians to pray for this process. He asks for boldness to declare the gospel. We also seek that you would pray for our boldness in speaking the gospel. We ask that our witness be salt and light: words of grace and humility. We ask for open doors, opportunities to speak what we believe and that we are ready to speak. 

I am not a public speaker by nature. In school I hated having to stand up in front of others and talking about anything. I'm still not a fan. Any public speaking I may have to do now, I do by the grace of God. Teaching and preaching fall in this category. So, whenever I do either of these in public, it is not I who speaks on my own accord, nor of my own opinion. I pray God to give me words to speak and the timing to speak them. Whether I speak them out verbally or speak the Word out on the web or via email. Everyday. If I covet anything, I covet your prayer for me.








No comments:

Post a Comment