Monday, April 25, 2022

Craftsmanship

 

1 Corinthians 3:10

By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one must be careful how he builds.

Romans 12:3

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but think of yourself with sober judgment, according to the measure of faith God has given you.

Even though it is Paul speaking here these verses still apply  to the born-again believer who shares the gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ. 

But when we build (preach, teach, encourage), we must build on that foundation properly: with the Word and nothing else. Whatever books we read or teach from must align properly with the Word of God or not be used at all. No false teachings which do not align with the Word of God. The Spirit makes this known to the faithful believer. 

Our building, our house, must be built on The Rock and not on sand. Our work has to make it through the storms of life. 

Matthew 7:24-27

So everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, will be like a wise man [a far-sighted, practical, and sensible man] who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods and torrents came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not do them, will be like a foolish (stupid) man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods and torrents came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell--and great and complete was its fall.” 

Proverbs 10:8

A wise heart will receive commandments, but foolish lips will come to ruin.

Proverbs 12:7

The wicked are overthrown and perish, but the house of the righteous will stand.

We should want to be the house of the righteous. Are we? Are you? Am I building (preaching, teaching, encouraging) according to and in the Word of God? Yes, yes I am. 

Am I receiving the faithful True Word of God from others whose preaching I listen to? Yes. Am I hearing the Truth of God's Word from teachers I listen to? Yes, yes I am. Am I being encouraged by the faithful and encouraging others through and by the Word of God? Yes, I am. 

Be the wise heart. Be the house of the righteous. Build in righteousness. Build in Truth. Build with Wisdom, with Love, with Truth. Be built up according to the Truth of the whole Word of God and you will stand when the storms hit you head on.





No comments:

Post a Comment