Thursday, June 17, 2021

A Place At His Table

 


Luke 22:24-30

 A dispute also arose among the disciples as to which of them would be considered the greatest.
  So Jesus declared, “The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those in authority over them call themselves benefactors.
  But you shall not be like them. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who leads like the one who serves.
  For who is greater, the one who reclines at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines? But I am among you as one who serves.
  You are the ones who have stood by Me in My trials.
  And I bestow on you a kingdom, just as My Father has bestowed one on Me, 
  so that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." (Jesus speaking at the Last Supper he had with His disciples before His death and resurrection)

WHO WILL SIT AT THE LORD'S TABLE?
John 21:12
  Jesus said unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples dared ask him, Who are You? knowing that it was the Lord.
Isaiah 55:1
  “Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy grain and eat. Come, buy wine and milk Without money and without cost [simply accept it as a gift from God]."
Joel 2:32
  And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the LORD has promised, among the remnant called by the LORD.
Matthew 5:6
  "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." (Jesus speaking at the Sermon on the Mount)
John 7:37 & 38
  On the last and greatest day of the feast, Jesus stood up and called out in a loud voice, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink,
  Whoever believes in Me, as the Scripture has said: ‘Streams of living water will flow from within him.’ ” (Jesus speaking at the Feast of the Tabernacles)
John 4:14
  "But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a fount of water springing up to eternal life.” (Jesus speaking to the Samaritan woman at the well)
Acts 2:21
'And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’
Romans 10:13
  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Revelation 22:17
  The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” Let the one who hears say, “Come!” And let the one who is thirsty come, and the one who desires the water of life drink freely.

While there are a couple other tables (notably, Psalm 23:5) mentioned in the Bible, the table referred to here is the one being set up for the marriage supper of the Lamb and His Bride.

Luke 14:15
  When one of those reclining with Him heard this, he said to Jesus, “Blessed is everyone who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God.”
Revelation 19:9
  Then the angel told me to write, “Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

I'm a "Whosoever Will". God sent out His invite through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ and I accepted His invitation. I am saved by the blood of the Lamb! And when God calls me name for the last time here on this earth, I will join Jesus and the saints who have gone before me. 
I heard God's 'call', God's invite, to Come & Dine with Him. And I R.S.V.P.'d by giving Him my heart, my spiritual heart, for Him to live in. Have you done this? Do you believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment