Wednesday, January 13, 2021

The Clothes Make The Man - Part Two

  

We have heard it said, "It's what's inside that counts". This is certainly true of the Christian man or woman. Now that we are saved, how does what's inside us become Christ-like? 



Galatians 5:16 "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." 

In order to walk in the Spirit of God, we need the Spirit of God within us and upon us, that we may hear God more clearly, that is, with understanding, gaining knowledge and applying Wisdom to our lives on a daily basis. 

It is true that we can change ourselves, but only to a certain degree of change. It is God who changes the heart by His divine power. It is God who leads us by His Holy Spirit with His divine power. It is God who saves the souls of mankind by the blood of His only begotten Son Jesus Christ by His divine power. It is God who resurrects us to everlasting life through the death of our flesh, changing us from a fleshly being to an eternal being by His divine power. 

Now is the time to allow God's Holy Spirit into your life, changing you and I from clay to spirit. For the Word of God tells us that those who worship God must worship Him in spirit and in truth, for God Is Spirit. John 4:23-24 "But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

It is very simple to receive the Holy Spirit of God into our lives. All we have to do is believe God that when we ask His Holy Spirit to come upon us, we will receive His Holy Spirit. Of course, the Spirit only rests upon the believer; therefore, we must be saved by believing on the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ for our salvation. We must repent of our sins, the unrighteous things we have done and said and thought. 

We read in Acts 2 how the faithful believers, men and women, gathered for fellowship and prayer in an upper room of a house. They were there for 50 days waiting on God to send His blessed Holy Spirit who would give them the power to share the gospel. And arrive He did. Sound of a mighty wind. Flames of Fire. The Spirit could be heard (wind) and seen (flames) by the believers who were waiting for His arrival. How awesome is that! 

When contemplating the trinity, what do you think of? There is God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. Are you smiling? Are tears making their way down your cheeks as your eyes blur? The unsaved and unfilled have only an inkling but no understanding of the things of God. Believe. Be saved. Be filled. Be holy. 

It is the Spirit of God who makes us holy. It is the Spirit of God who creates within us a clean heart. Psalm 51:9-11 "Hide Your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Your presence; take not Your Holy Spirit from me." (this was David's prayer)

Repentance + Renewal + Restoration = Forgiven & Filled

 O Lord God, I confess my sins before You. Wash me clean and make me holy. As King David said, 'Renew a right spirit within me', too. Draw me close to You. May Your Holy Spirit remain within me. Your Strength is what I need to obey Your Word. Fill me with Your Love and Your Truth that I may walk in Your Spirit and gain strength every day of my life. As I pray Your Word over my life and the lives of they whom I pray for, may Your Name be glorified and Your kingdom advanced. In Jesus' Name, His beautiful Holy Name, Amen. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment