Thursday, December 17, 2020

Thanks & Praise

 

THANKS AND PRAISE

Daniel 2:23

To You, O  God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise, because You have given me wisdom and power...

Thanks - Yadah - throwing (your) hands up

Praise - Shout 

This is energetic, spontaneous worship to God, on Daniel's part, for not only what God has given him but for Who God is to him. 

And we have to ask ourselves: is my enthusiasm for answers to prayer as spontaneous and joyful as Daniel's? or have I become lukewarm and lazy in how I praise God for His many benefits and blessings which He bestows on me?

When we seek God's perfect will for the answer to our prayer, we are seeking an audience with the Creator of the universe. And He not only listens to our prayers, He answers them. If we think He isn't hearing us, then we are not close enough to hear or know the response to our prayers. Sometimes God answers us in ways we are not expecting. For instance, in Exodus 33 Moses asked to see God's glory, but God required him to stand in the cleft of the rock as God passed by; God covered Moses while he passed, but then removed His hand that Moses would see only the back of God after He had passed by. You have to be pretty near to God to get that kind of response.

No comments:

Post a Comment