Wednesday, June 3, 2020

We Live In God's Love

1 JOHN 4:17

In this way. This verse is connected to the previous verse by these three words "in this way". What way? The Way of Divine Love. 
As I study it out, I realize that by using the concordance the verse reads:

In this way, Divine Love has been made complete, consummated, perfected, among us (beyond time and distance), that we may possess boldness, assurance at the day of judgment (the time in which God metes out justice in His court); for in this world we are just like Him. 

There is another verse that totally lines up with this train of thought: 
Acts 17:28 In Him we live, and move, and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, we are His offspring. 
And again in John 17:22-23 when Jesus was praying with His Father just before He was arrested: 
"I have given them the glory You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are One--I in them, and You in Me--that they may be perfectly united, so that the world may know that You sent Me and have loved them just as You have loved Me."

Isn't that beautiful? When we live in God's love, we are living and moving and breathing in Christ as He lives and moves and breathes in us. That's powerful stuff right there. I am so glad that I live in His love and that His love lives in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment