Monday, January 20, 2020

Blessed Trusters



Jeremiah 17:7
Blessed is the man that trusts in the LORD, and whose Hope the LORD is. 

I decided to use this blue cross with the water across it because of the next verse which emphasizes this one visually: Jeremiah 17:8
"For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit."
A tree planted by waters that is not afraid or anxious but continues to be fruitful even in the hard times.
The cross is a tree of humiliation, for only those designated criminals by the government were hung on them to die. But Jesus Christ was not a criminal and though the government refused to condemn Him, they hung Him on a cross anyway, by giving into the crowd's demands, "His blood be upon us and our children!" Matthew 27:24-25.
And, truly, when He died on the cross for the sins of the people, with the weight of sin upon His shoulders, that declaration was fulfilled in every one who believes that Jesus Christ is LORD and died for them.
BLESSED am I for trusting in the LORD, He Is my Hope.



And the water? Titus 3:5 "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost." Being born again is when the Word of God washes the sin from our hearts and the Spirit makes new the soul of the believer. 
It is not something we could ever accomplish in a thousand lifetimes: Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek." and again in
1 Corinthians 1:18 "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." 
1 Corinthians 2:12-14 "We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us...And this is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words...The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned." 
Only the power of God through His Word and His Spirit can change a person's heart and destination. But we must each make that individual choice on our own. We can choose to believe God and receive eternal life through Jesus Christ or we can choose not to believe and then receive death twice over and eternal damnation from God. 
I choose to believe that Jesus Christ is Lord. I choose to follow Christ where He leads me. I choose to be filled with God's Holy Spirit, and am thankful God chose to fill me and refill me, for when my well begins to run dry, I know I can turn to Him again and again to be filled and refilled that the Spirit of God would not be quenched within me. 
I choose to live a life pleasing to God; a life of obedience and humility; a life of trust and hope. My life. My choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment