Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Wait On The LORD: Psalm 37

 
Wait on the LORD, And He shall exalt you to inherit the land: When the wicked are cut off, You will see it.
Psalm 37:34

Wait on the LORD, and keep His Way, And He shall exalt you to inherit the land: When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it.

In this verse wait means a couple different activiites we should be doing before Jesus Christ returns; and we should be doing them at the same time.
The first is 'collect and bind together'. Sounds odd doesn't it, that Wait means that? But what are we collecting and binding together? Souls. Proverbs 11:30
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life;
He that wins souls is wise.
How do I win souls for Jesus? I tell you about my Jesus and what He's done for me. I tell you how He died on the cross and shed His blood for me. With joy I speak how he rose from the grave, conquering death, hell and the grave; that He holds the keys to all those doors to save a wretch like me!

I tell you how He loves us so much that He left His glory behind in heaven, and took on the form of mankind. That God gave His only begotten Son no place of His own to rest from the cradle to the grave. Luke 9:58 "the Son of man has no place to lay His head".

And when you accept and believe that Jesus is God's only begotten Son, that He did those marvelous things, and believe that the Word of God is True, it is then you come to the realization that you are a sinner and must repent of your wickedness to God, for He will truly forgive every rotten thing you have ever done. That's what He does: God is a God of Justice and Mercy and Love: He forgives His children of their sins. That's the collection part of Wait.

But the binding part? When we believers fellowship with one another and encourage each other in the Word and through the Blood, we are binding ourselves not only to each other, but to God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. It is the Spirit who calls you through the Word that is preached and shared and prclaimed by God's prophets and ministers to the gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son.
We sing Bind Us Together with cords that cannot be broken. Cords of love and faith and joy.

The second part of Wait is 'eagerly anticipating' or 'looking forward to' Christ's return. It is an attitude of the heart which is played out in our everyday lives. When we are eagerly awaiting His return, we live a lifestyle that removes everything not welcome in a Christian's life. But not by ourselves. We need the Holy Spirit of God to empower us to live holy and fruitful lives. I need the Holy Spirit to empower me to live a holy and fruitful life. And I need Him everyday.

I wait on, upon, for the LORD, and keep His Way. He shall exalt me to inherit the land: When the wicked are cut off, I will see it. Psalm 53 describes what will happen to the wicked, who trust themselves and have not put their trust in God. But at the end in verses 8 and 9, it is the believer who rejoices in His God.
I rejoice in the God of my Salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment