Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Praying The WORD Over Our Children

Regardless of age, our children will always be our children. Just like we are our parents' children; no matter howl we get we still call them Mother and Daddy or Mom and Dad; never by their first names. It's a respect thing. 

Fruits of Stewardship

I like Joyce Meyers. I enjoy listening to her preaching and teaching what she has studied. One time she talked about the Fruits of Stewardship and suggested making a list of Scriptures that we would want prayed over our children. So I did. 


Our children can PHILIPPIANS 4:13  **************** Our children do all things through Christ who gives them strength

Our children are DANIEL 1:17, 20  ******************Our children are full of wisdom, knowledge and understanding

Our children  MATTHEW 4:19 ********************** Our children are fishers of men

Our children MARK 16:15 ************************** Our children preach the gospel (with their actions and by their words)

Our children ACTS 2:4 ***************************** Our children are baptized in The Holy Spirit     

Our children live ROMANS 12 ************************  Our children live uncompromising lives

Our children know 1 CORINTHIANS 6:19, 20 *********** Our children know they are bought by God and glorify God        

Our children walk 2 CORINTHIANS 5:7 **************** Our children walk by faith, not by what they can see

Our children GALATIANS 6:2 ************************ Our children pray for each other and together

Our children EPHESIANS 5:17 *********************** Our children understand God's will

Our children COLOSSIANS 3:17 ********************** Our children are known by their actions/words and are men and women of integrity with thankful hearts



And that's how I pray for our children. But not just the children of my body, the children of my heart, as well. I am a stepmom twice over: those are my kids, too. Some of my children's friends call me Mom, I get respect. Those are our children, too. I was a Sunday School teacher, a nursery worker and a Youth Night Bible Study Leader. Those are the children I pray for, too. Our grandchildren are our children's children. They get covered in prayer as well. 
As I see how many children have made this list, I realize that I have been a fruitful vine. God is gracious to me and I give Him all the glory for what He has done in me, through me and to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment