Friday, June 17, 2016

My Basic Bible Study Tools

I don’t know about you but these are my basic Bible Study tools. Each one is vital in its place and what I consider absolutely necessary.
1. Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance. Hard to read the title on this one cause it has seen a lot of use over the years. It not only tells you what a word means, but how many of that word is in the Bible and which verse that word is located in.
2. King James Version Study Bible. Has a concise concordance on each page detailing aspects of Scripture, plus mid-column cross references to other verses located elsewhere. This is my umpteenth Bible, but not the only one I use. I have a giant print Bible just for reading, but usually end up using for study as well.
3. Matthew Henry’s Commentary. In-depth study on each book of the Bible. There are other commentaries out there, but this is my favorite.
4. Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words.
5. Nave’s Topical Bible.
6. Nelson’s Illustrated Bible Dictionary.
7. The Complete Who’s Who in The Bible.
8. Concise Bible Atlas. I also use The MacMillan Bible Atlas. Helps me study locations in the Bible and get an idea of where people are and were.
9. I also use a dictionary, but prefer www.dictionary.com for that. Which also includes :
10. Roget’s International Thesaurus. See other words which can be used instead of word you already have.
In addition to these, I also use an online study site: http://biblehub.com/biblos.htm
I am very blessed to have these tools at hand. I have used them to teach Youth Bible Studies, lead devotions, teach Adult Sunday School, teach small children, preach the gospel and share my in-depth studies online. God is good to me. So I can be good to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment