Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Humble Servants

This pride thing in God's kingdom needs to stop. Where are the humble servants? The field hands?

Stop being a 'proud member' in the kingdom. Start being a hands on family member in the kingdom of God: it's about doing God's work according to God's plan, God's blueprint for seeing His kingdom grow.

It's about loving each other with the love of Christ. Let God judge the heart and get out of the way. "Love one another the way I have loved you." is what Jesus tells us in John 15:12. This section of John tells us how to love like Jesus loves us. Expect to be hated, but do not hate in return. 


If you read something that claims to be Christian, but does not line up with the full gospel Truth of God's Word, then that post is a lie, a false teaching by a false prophet or false teacher. It is the wolf in sheep's clothing that seeks to deceive and bring about your downfall. You can't let that happen. I can't let that happen. As individuals, we are responsible for what we read, what we learn, what we see. 



Be informed: read your Bible. Study it using accurate study tools. In my little office here I am surrounded by beloved authors of well-known study guides. To my left I have a Who's Who in the Bible, maps, and histories. To my left sits my Vine's, my Nave's; Matthew Henry's Commentary and an illustrated Bible dictionary. My Strong's Exhaustive Concordance is on my side table, within arm's reach. 

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance contains every single word in the Bible, even "the" "and" "a"; how many and what a particular word means in the context of the passage of Scripture. 

Nelson's Illustrated Bible Dictionary is a Scriptural archaeological book: it gives us visual aids, which is helpful for me, as I am a visual learner. When I am shown how to do something, whether work related or hobby related, then I am more capable of completing the objective than if I had simply read the How To Manual. 



 Nave's Topical Bible compartments Scriptures relating to one topic, whereas Vine's Complete Expository Bible sorts Scriptures according to catch words or phrases. While each does not contain the whole of Scripture, they are excellent helpers in digging deeper into God's Word. 

And while reading your Bible and studying it will help you know more of God's Word, it will still not be enough to guide you in God's ways. We need God's Holy Spirit to reveal God to us in God's Word. We read in Psalm 119 that God's Word is a light to our path and a lamp to our feet, but unless the switch is flipped, the light won't shine. Not only will we stumble and fall, but we may not even be aware that we have left God's pathway. We need The Holy Spirit to guide us every step of the Way in God's Will. 

I want the whole Bread of Life, not just a slice here or a crumb there. I thirst for The Living Water that is Jesus Christ. In God's Word my hunger and thirst are quenched. Do you know that I can sit for hours reading and studying God's Word and not even be aware that that much time has passed? 

We read in 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." I want to be a workman approved by God. With the aid of The Holy Spirit of God I will rightly divide the word of truth and seek God with my whole heart, not just my head. 

No more wading pools or shallow end for me: I'm swimming out int deeper waters, where, like Ezekiel, I will be carried when my feet no longer touch ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment