Thursday, February 13, 2014

Can You Drink From My Cup?

Good morning. As I sat here drinking my coffee, wondering which photo to post for a morning greeting, I was led to this one, where I had been sitting under my folks' olive tree here. And then The Holy Spirit led me into His study. 

Can You Drink From My Cup?
Matthew 26:39 "And He went a little further, and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from Me: nevertheless not as I will, but as Thou wilt."

Matthew 20:22 "But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able."                                 







So, here is the question: of all the cups we drink of or from, have you made the decision to drink from this one? Have you gone 'a little further' and committed yourself to finishing what's in your cup?

The cross is not at the bottom of our cups: it's part of what we drink into our body as a whole: body, soul, spirit. What God pours into our cups we need to be willing to down, to the last dregs, so to speak. 


Eternal life is ours: it's at the bottom of the cup we are holding. What appears to be an empty cup in our hand is the fulfillment of all that the cup had held. 

Rejoice, Rejoice, O Christian,
Life up your voice and sing!
Eternal hallelujahs,
to Jesus Christ our King!
The Hope of all who seek Him,
The Help of all who find;
None other is so loving,
So good and kind.

He lives! He lives!
Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me, and talks with me,
Along life's narrow way!
He lives! He lives!
Salvation to impart.
You ask me how I know He lives:
He lives within my heart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment