Thursday, June 6, 2013

Watch and Pray





Watch, therefore, for you know not what hour your Lord comes...
Blessed is that servant, who when his Lord comes,
is busy doing The Lord's work which he has been given to do.
Matthew 24:42, 46

God is that voice that says, "Don't", when you are tempted to do something you know you should not do. Submit to God. Listen to Him when He is speaking to you. Resist the devil. Run. Turn and go the way or do that thing which God has called you to do. And the devil will flee. The demons who work for Satan will turn and run in the opposite direction you choose, when you choose to serve God and not yourself. For evil cannot be in the presence of holiness: God Is Holy.

Watch the world around you, but do not be afraid, for God has said to His people, His children also, "Fear not, for I am with you always." "Be anxious for nothing." Many folks suffer from anxiety attacks. Unfortunately, I am one of them. The only remedy I use is recalling Scriptures which remind me to be at peace, be calm, be restful. "My peace I leave with you." Peace that passes understanding is being at peace or living in peace, when the world around you is crumbling. 

Blessed means happy, content. If we are content in all situations or circumstances, we have nothing to fear, and there is no need to worry or be anxious. "Little is much when God is in it." The amount of faith we have within us is usually smaller than a mustard seed, for were our faith as large as a mustard seed, the mountains we fear would crumble and shift into the sea. But where our faith is, our praises are; where our praises are, God Is. Remember? "God inhabits the praises of His people.

What has God called us to do that we should be busy doing it upon His return? "Go you therefore and preach the gospel to all nations." "Love your neighbor as yourself." "Put on The Lord Jesus Christ." "Seek you first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you." "Love one another as I have loved you." "Be holy, for I am holy."  Where ever the command begins with a verb, that is what we should be doing, when Christ returns for His Bride, the Church, which is the body of believers in Jesus Christ. 

No one knows the hour of Christ's return: NO ONE. Whoever gives a day or date or year of The Lord's return is a LIAR; listen not to that person. Whoever ignores The Word of God is a FOOL. "The fool says in his heart there is no God." Whichever of you declares there is no God is also a FOOL. I say now, do you want God to lay the charge of LIAR and FOOL at your feet, when you are judged? Be warned; God is not mocked. All unrepentant hearts will be judged and found lacking; your reward is damnation and hell and the lake of fire. 

Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near. Today is the day of your salvation. Tomorrow is not promised. Believe on The Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved. Repent and be baptized. This is the day which The Lord has made: I will rejoice and be glad in it. It is impossible to be glad in any day that you are not saved, not born again, not living a righteous and holy life. Surely you are miserable and unhappy. Throw off your unbelief, repent of your sins, your wicked acts against God, and receive forgiveness from The God Who is longsuffering: patient, ever merciful, ever waiting to receive you into His family and His arms. 

Watch the news. Read the Bible. Pray for everyone to receive salvation through Jesus Christ. As the wise man once said to the fool, "If I am wrong, I have lost nothing. But if I am right, you have lost everything."

I believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God. I believe that He died on the cross for me, paying the death penalty for my sins. I believe that His blood washes away my sins. I believe that God raised His Son Jesus Christ from the dead and that He walked out of the grave. I believe that the baptism of The Holy Spirit is needed to share the gospel with boldness and without fear; with love and without hate. I believe that one day soon Jesus Christ is returning to take me and all the rest of they who believe in Him home with Him.

Don't be caught dead without Jesus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment