Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 33 of 35 - Making Melody



Be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with The Spirit. Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to The Lord;
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and The Father in The Name of The Lord Jesus Christ; Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. Ephesians 5:18-21

I sing because that is my gift in The Holy Spirit. I cannot read music, nor do I know how to score what I have written. But I can sing it. I write what God tells me to write. And I sing under the anointing or I do not sing at all. This is my gift. And I am using it to God's glory and not my own.

I do not earn money with or from my gift. As it is a gift given to me for God's glory, then it must needs be given a gift to God's glory. I sing God's praises. I worship God with my writing and my voice and my singing. I am very thankful for what God is doing in my life; where He places me, what He leads me through and where He is bringing me. While God has a plan for my life, He does not have to tell me every little detail of the journey.

It is enough that He has given me a measure of faith. It is my responsibility to exercise that faith that it may grow into a thing of beauty, which pleases God. Though I have had some instruction in writing, the best words I ever heard were, "Write from your heart." And I do.

I love to sing for God. He sings over me. He listens to my songs. He gives me inspiration everywhere. To say you are not inspired is to close your eyes to the beauty around you; or the darkness that is apart from you, because you and I are filled with the Light of Christ. Once we lived in sin, but no longer. For the blood of Christ has been painted across the sins of our hearts with His death on the cross. Our eternal life is given us when He stepped across the threshhold of the tomb into the garden.

When the stone rolled away, there was a mighty shaking and a burst of light. Jesus says to us that while He was here, He was the light of the world. But when He left, we who believed on Him became the light in His stead. And so this light shines from within the hearts of every believer. It prevents the darkness from overtaking the soul. But only as long as the heart of the believer is focused on Christ and obeys The Word of God.

I sing because I can't help myself. It is as easy as breathing. Most of the time we are not aware of our breathing status until we have difficulty catching our breath. Singing in The Spirit is like that, too. Unless, The Spirit has been hindered because of something we have done to prevent Him from working in our hearts and minds and spirits, He will flow through us like water out of a rock, a waterfall if you will.

For that is one of the images I received when I was filled to overflowing with The Holy Spirit of God. The other is a blue volcano, but instead of lava pouring out of my mountaintop, it is music: chords, notes, clefs; flats, majors, minors. Out of the side of this mountain was a waterfall, falling into a sheltered body of water below it. If I could show you this vision, I would. But drawing is not one of my gifts. As far as I know any way. Once the tremors in my hands became noticeable, even writing with a pen or pencil has become difficult. But I am getting stronger. Because I am healed in Jesus' Name. And in Jesus' Name is ALL POWER. By the stripes across His back we receive ALL HEALING, both spiritual and physical.

I sing because I love Him. I sing because He loves me. He sings to me through The Holy Spirit and you get to read the lyrics. If you go to church with me, then at times you also get to hear the music.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment