Thursday, November 22, 2012

This Makes Me Beautiful to God

This is  a 31-Day Devotional booklet that I had made up for one of our Women's Retreats through our church and district. Everyone had to bring something bought or homemade for a raffle to raise funds for our group. So  I made two items. One was a coffee basket. A lovely golden basket with handle contained a homemade relaxation cd, a cup and saucer, instant coffee jar, a coffee scented candle and a booklet of made-from-scratch beauty recipes, plus homemade creamers. That was a hit. The other item was an upcycled corn syrup jar converted into a gorgeous vase.
In the bottom of the vase I put little white and gray stones with a Bible verse written on them. Each verse indicated what made a person beautiful to God. But I was thinking that they may not know why I chose those particular verses. So, I wrote it all down and printed it off neatly. Then tied it with ribbons. The vase was labeled and I had wrapped a grape vine around the top, with grapes attached. It was very pretty. Inside the jar, on top of the stones, I put about 15-20 bite size chocolates. And then I stuck the flower clips which I had made in that. So then it resembled a potted bouquet. That went over well, too.
This is the booklet:




     1 Peter 3:3 It is not my clothes, nor my jewelry, nor my fancy hairdo, nor my piercings, nor my make-up, nor my lack of these things in my life. What makes us beautiful to God is everything that makes God happy. So, what makes God happy in me? Is there anything that I can do or which I can say, that will delight God and make me beautiful to Him?



God makes me beautiful with His Word because:



  1. I put Him first. Psalm 63:1
  2. I take delight in His Word. Psalm 1:2
  3. He is My Salvation, My Healer. Jeremiah 17:14
  4. I speak the language of Grace. Colossians 4:6
  5. I bring with me only what The Holy Spirit has given me, when I enter into His courts with praise. Esther 2:15
  6. I wear His Mercy and His Truth in my heart and around my neck. God sees me and shows me Favor in His sight, and I am given favor by all men. Proverbs 3:3
  7. I honor my parents. Subjecting myself to my parents' will when I live with them is an ornament of grace. Proverbs 1:8, 9 (Acknowledging that God is My Heavenly Father means that He is also my parent. Therefore, when I subject my will to His will, and humble myself to Him, this is an ornament of Grace to Him)
  8. I choose to obey God's laws and wills for my life and not man's laws when they go against God's authority. By making it known publicly, God will reward me with gifts according to my abilities and talents. Daniel 1:8, 17
  9. I understand what the will of The Lord is. I am wise in His Word. Ephesians 5:17
  10. I have allowed myself to be filled with The Holy Spirit in excess. Ephesians 5:18
  11. I don't worry about any thing. I just pray to Him and thank Him; God gives me real peace through Jesus. Philippians 4:6, 7
  12. I clothe myself with the Mercy Qualities of His Son, Jesus: Compassion, Kindness, Generosity; Humility of mind=think of others before self; Meekness=Strength to be still, quiet in the face of adversity; Unending Patience. Colossians 3:12
  13. I forgive as Christ has forgiven me. Tolerating people like Christ tolerates me in His infinite Love. Colossians 3:13
  14. And over all of the Qualities which adorn my heart and my attitude, I cover myself with Jesus Christ, His Son, Who is The Bond of Perfection on me: Agape-unconditional, no-strings-attached, enduring, ever-forgiving, ever lasting, from time before time until time is no more- Love. Colossians 3:14
  15. I allow Peace, the Peace of God, to rule in my heart, for I am the Body of Christ, for which I am thankful. Colossians 3:15

This   This Makes Me Beautiful to God
  1. I allow God's only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to live in me fully and completely. Teaching me His Wisdom by His Word, which is alive in me. Whereby we are exhorted to teach and admonish one another in or through music and spiritual songs: singing with Grace in our hearts to praise The Lord. Colossians 3:16
  2. I do all that I do in Jesus' Name and while I work/labor in Jesus' Name, I have a thankful attitude, spirit, which is ever present because God is ever with me. I thank Him for every thing for He is my God and my Father. Colossians 3:17
  3. I have a submissive heart in my marriage. I submit not only my body, but my authority as a wife, a mom, self, to my husband, for he is my authority. He covers me with himself by his words and his actions, as Representative of Christ, Who covers His Bride with Himself: Christ is her glory. And by my decision to submit myself and every thing about me to my husband, this pleases God. Colossians 3:18, 19 and Ephesians 5:22-33
  4. Respect and Honor are given to my parents for this pleases The Lord. If I were to live again with them, then I would be subject to their authority: their rules and their laws would have to be obeyed, even if I am already an adult. Colossians 3:20
  5. I keep myself sexually pure. Even though most of us Christian women do not have sex outside of our marriages, some still flirt, some 'booty-watch', some indulge themselves with sexually explicit literature and movies [whether made for tv or on screen]. We are sanctified and set apart from the world, for we are called by God to be holy. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-7. 1 Peter 1:15, 16. Exodus 19:5, 6. 1 Kings 8:53 I am God's inheritance, therefore, because He is holy, I too, must be holy.
  6. I mind my own business and I don't gossip. I do my job quietly that I might walk in my integrity and be a blessing even to they who are watching me. By taking this action, God is able to bless me and meet all my needs. 1 Thessalonians 4:11, 12
  7. I pray for those in authority over me, whether it is my boss or my government, for this pleases God, and draws people to Him seeking His salvation and direction. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
  8. God has saved me, called me, not because of what I can do, but because of what God has done, and will continue to do, through me and in me. His purpose and His will is being accomplished in me in Jesus Christ. 2 Timothy 1:9
  9. I am patient. I establish-build up, am rooted into-my heart in Christ, for His return is near. James 5:8
  10. A meek and quiet spirit is an ornamental quality pleasing to God. For the treasures of my heart are not corruptible; they neither fade nor can be destroyed. My attitude towards my husband, when described as such, not only please God, but God says I am priceless in my submission to my husband's authority. 1 Peter 3:4

This Makes Me Beautiful To God
  1. Be of one mind: the mind of Christ; showng compassion to all. Love each other like family. Be kind and gracious. Be a blessing to everyone you meet. Deceive not, nor make trouble for anyone. The Lord hears only the prayers of the righteous; all others He will turn against. And I want God to hear my prayers. 1 Peter 3:8-12
  2. I sanctify The Lord God in my heart. I am always ready to give answer for what I believe and why to everyone who asks, speaking with strength and honor, in reverence to my God. 1 Peter 3:15
  3. I live in love. Therefore, because I know and believe, and have confessed with my mouth that Jesus Christ is The Son of God, then God lives in me. Because I love with God's love, it is known to God that I live in Him, also. 1 John 4:15, 16
  4. I am beloved of God; my faith, my holy faith, is built up in Him. I pray in The Holy Ghost, in the love of God, watching for the Mercy of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Who will bring me into eternal life. Interceding on behalf of others for their salvation. Jude 20-23
  5. I have learned in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. Regardless of what is happening in the world around me, I am content and at peace, because I have a Savior Who has overcome the world around me. Nothing in this world can separate me from the love of God. It matters not what the enemy brings against me to try to destroy my faith and my works of faith; for The Holy Spirit of God strengthens me and prevents me from falling out of Grace. Philippians 4:11. 1 John 4:4-14.
  6. I have a sound mind, it is a gift of God. God has also given me the spirit of love and the spirit of power. I control my thoughts and keep them under submission to The Word of God. I have learned from my elders in The Word and The Gospel; receiving from them and observing their actions: therefore, The God of Peace is with me. 2 Timothy 1:7 and Philippians 4:8, 9
 




  







    























































No comments:

Post a Comment