Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Little Pieces of Clay~Making a Christian~7.Feet of Worship

Habakkuk 3:19
The LORD GOD is my Strength, and He will make my feet like hinds' feet, and He will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.
     I have no strength of mine own; therefore I need the LORD my GOD to be my Strength. It is His Strength that makes my feet like hinds' feet, sturdy and able. It is He who makes it possible for me to walk on mountains. On mountainsides, which are steep, cracked and rocky. On mountaintops, which sometimes peak and sometimes plateau. It is His Strength that keeps me going to reach my destination.
   


Psalm 27:5
For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a rock.
     Mountainsides have caves, waterfalls and secret places. Mountaintops have snow-covered caps and sun-warmed mesas. With my hinds' feet I leap across crevices, for faith is my bridge. I dance on mountaintops in the presence of my LORD, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made by He Who is my Strength. 



Psalm 18:29, 31-33, 36
For by Thee I have run through a troop; and by my GOD have I leaped over a wall.
For Who is GOD save the LORD? or who is a rock save our GOD? It is GOD that girds me with strength, and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like hinds' feet, and sets me upon my high places.
You have enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip.
     Running and leaping and praising GOD. We know that running and leaping require feet. Now we learn that our feet are used to praise GOD. We run through a troop because "no weapon formed against us shall prosper". We leap over walls; walls are built to prevent access to. Regardless of the height of the wall, it is fear that built it. Fear is our enemy and by our faith in the GOD Who is our Strength, we have overcome fear.
     GOD is our Strength and He girds us: binds us, wraps Himself around us like a belt or sash, with His Strength. He makes my way perfect because He is perfect. He makes my feet strong and sturdy. It is His Strength that carries me to my destination, my high places. My mountaintops.
 

Psalm 18: 46 
The LORD lives; and blessed be my Rock; and let the GOD of my salvation be exalted.
     I will dance like David danced: with exceeding great joy to be in the presence of GOD. My feet dance on my mountaintops, the high places which GOD has prepared for me. The LORD GOD lives. He is my Rock and my Salvation. I will praise Him with my feet.

I Samuel 2:9
He will keep the feet of His saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail. (part of Hannah's prayer)
Proverbs 4:26, 27
Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.
     And because my feet are instruments of praise, I must take great care to protect my feet. I must choose my steps carefully and direct them away from places of temptation, places that would cause my feet to stumble and fall. I must walk gently and not in anger and judgment. But walk in compassion and love.


Hebrews 12:11-14
Now no chastening for the present seems to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight the paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the LORD.
     To be chastened is to be pruned. GOD prunes, or removes, the unfruitful things in my life. And I praise Him for it. Though discipline is painful at the time it is rendered, the result brings a change of heart and a peace of mind that was not present beforehand. Chaos and confusion leave; righteousness and a sound mind remain.
      I raise my hands and bow my knees, knees which once were feeble and unable to bend or stand straight. I choose my steps wisely, watching out for curves and sharp turns. Anticipating with joy every step I take, knowing that my journey brings me closer to my GOD. Watching out for potholes, pits (Psalm 119:85), that would take me down. Sinkholes that grab at my feet (Psalm 119:110)and would drag me under.  My feet are to follow peace and holiness; for my desire is GOD's heart: that all men would be saved.

Ephesians 6:15
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Isaiah 52:7
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that brings good tidings, that publishes peace; that brings good tidings of good, that publishes salvation; that says unto Zion, Thy GOD reigns!
     My feet are prepared now. Prepared to publish, or proclaim, peace. The Prince of Peace is Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of GOD. He is the Good Tidings of Good. He is Salvation to all men. With my feet fully shod, protected and prepared to stand and withstand, I walk upon my high places. With my feet I will praise Him. For my feet are beautiful; beautiful because I preach and proclaim the Good News: Jesus died for you, Jesus conquered death and walked out of the grave for you, Jesus ascended into heaven and will return for you. Ready or not, Jesus is coming.

The LORD my GOD directs my paths, 
the paths that my feet take,
the paths wherein I choose to walk.

PSALM 119
Psalm 119:1 
Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
Psalm 119:3
They also do no iniquity: they walk in His ways.
Psalm 119:32 
I will run the way of Thy commandments, when Thou shalt enlarge my heart.
Psalm 119:45
And I will walk at liberty: for I seek Thy precepts.
Psalm 119:35
Make me to go in the path of Thy commandments; for therein do I delight.
Psalm 119:59
I thought on my ways, and turned my heart unto Thy Testimonies.
Psalm 119:101
I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep Thy Word.
Psalm 119:105
Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet and a Light unto my path.
Psalm 119:133 
Order my steps in Thy Word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.










No comments:

Post a Comment