Monday, February 20, 2012

Brought Down and Fallen







Psalm 20:6-8


Now know I that the Lord saveth His anointed; 
He will hear him from His holy heaven
With the saving strength of His right hand.
Some trust in chariots,
and some in horses: 
But we will remember the name
of the Lord our God.
They are brought down 
and fallen: but we
Are risen and stand upright.

"Not by might, nor by power but by My Spirit",saith the Lord. (Zechariah 4:6) We are on all sides attacked. On the eastern borders of our kingdom is out and out hatred for the God we serve and represent. Perhaps we have done a poor example of representation. No, no perhaps about it. We have failed in our ambassadorial positions. Wolves in sheep's clothing claiming to be Christians and followers of Christ have been mistaken for actual ambassadors.

We have done nothing to stop this infiltration, but sleep in our pews and slumber in our beds. Where is the Warrior-Bride whom Christ is returning for? She is no sleeping beauty to be awakened by love's kiss! We need to be on our knees seeking God's face! Seeking His forgiveness for our laziness, our carelessness, our disobedience. Our slack has caused our downfall.

O God, forgive us our trespasses as we forgives those who trespass against us. We have not sought our daily Bread, nor thirsted for Living Water. We have settled for dung heaps and putrid water. Make us over, Lord; wash us clean; seize our hearts and our minds and fill us completely with Yourself. Use us to the advancement of Your kingdom. Breathe not only in us, but through us into another. And another. And another................

Psalm 18:3 I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from my enemies. v 6,7 .. my cry came before Him, even into His holy ears. Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because He was wroth. v32 It is God that girds me with strength. v34 He teaches my hands to war. v35 Thy right hand has held me up. v37 I have pursued and overtaken my enemies.

 It is God who strengthens in times of battle, in times of war. It is God who saves from certain destruction. It is God who teaches us to fight, to overcome. In the presence of my enemies, it is God who saves me. It is God who loves me and gives me His heart's desire. It is God. And none other. 

Rise up Church!

No comments:

Post a Comment