Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Color of Worship ~ Emerald Green


The deep end of the ocean; so deep you cannot touch bottom and breathe through your mouth at the same time. So deep you would need to be carried, if you could not swim. So deep, that even if you could swim, you would not be able to float for a long period of time without aid or assistance.

This is the depth of worship we enter when we near the throne of glory, wherein God reigns. This is the color of divine hope and future promise.


Here it is that the angel of the Lord carried Ezekiel (Ezekiel 47:1-5). There is an emerald rainbow around the throne of God in heaven (Revelation 4:3; Ezekiel 1:28). A brightly shining emerald rainbow encircles the whole throne, which appeared 'like unto a sapphire' (Ezekiel 1:26; Ezekiel 10:1). Have you ever seen a whole rainbow, not just the half bow? It is a complete circle. It has no beginning and no end which can be seen by the physical eye.

Take me deeper, Lord. Bring me so close to you that I cannot touch bottom unless You carry me. Bring me so close to Your face that You breathe on me, through me, over me. The scent of Your breath and Your very being are drawing me close to You. Let me bury myself in Your love. I crave a deeper walk with Your, Lord. Carry me. I will let You carry me. You raise me up with Your strength. You lift me with Your arms. You hold my hands in Yours. My heart belongs to You. My life belongs to You.

You are holy, Lord. And I long to be holy that I may be in Your presence forever and ever. I surrender my body a living sacrifice every day of my life, all day long and into the night. I am Yours and You are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment