Tuesday, February 2, 2021

The Repentant Heart

 

REPENTANT HEART

Psalm 25:17-18

The troubles of my heart increase; free me from my distress.

Consider my affliction and trouble, and take away all my sins.

The Spirit of God is evident in the Old Testament as well as the New Testament, for it is the Spirit of God that convicts a person of the sins in their heart. It is the hardened heart, the heart which refuses to acknowledge the Holy God and God's Holy Word, that turns away from God. Only the repentant heart listens to the Holy Spirit of God and turns to Him in distress, seeking forgiveness and mercy.  

It is the Spirit of God who turns a sinner's heart to God. It is the Spirit of God who leads a person to see God and God's Son. It is the transformative power of God by His Holy Spirit through His Holy Son which changes the heart of the sinner into the heart of the redeemed. This is amazing Grace. 

Listen to that Spirit and turn to God this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment