Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Statements of Faith - Overcomer

 

1 JOHN 4:4

You, little children, are from God and have overcome them, because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

   {Just when I think I am done with this series and believe I am waiting for another to begin, I get another study on my Statements of Faith. And it's a good one.}

 1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome, because everyone born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world: our faith. 

    You want to be an overcomer? Overcoming temptations, overcoming hate, overcoming bitterness, overcoming regrets, overcoming depression, overcoming loneliness, overcoming discouragement, overcoming pain, overcoming prejudices, overcoming every single thing that threatens your soul, your sanity, your existence? You need Jesus. I know this because I need Jesus. Every. Single. Day. Of. My. Life. 
    When you accept Christ into your heart, you are saying, I believe that Jesus Christ Is Lord, that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God who came for the sole purpose of being The Living Gospel which saves the person who believes in Christ for their salvation. 
    Having this salvation saves my soul. He saves me from the condemnation which is set aside for those who do not believe on The Name of The Only Begotten Son of God. Salvation cloaks me with the righteousness of Christ. I am Covered by The Lamb of God who died on the cross for my sins. I am an overcomer because Christ lives in me, having conquered death, hell and the grave, the risen Savior not only is able to intercede for me with His Father, but live in me and I get to live in Him. Home Sweet Home. 
    Why do I take the time to tell you about my Savior? I am able through Christ in me and The Holy Spirit upon me to love you with the love of The Lord. I am able to forgive the wrongs done to me for the sake of the cross. I am filled with the peace that passes understanding, calming my spirit and my soul. 
    I am filled with the desire to have you walk this journey with me: traversing every valley, where shadows are kept at bay by the Light of God's Love in me; scaling the mountains to meet with my Savior. It is good to walk together to reach our destination. We are able to lift each other up, when we begin to falter.. For the journey is long and treacherous and home seems so far away. 
    But we have a Living Hope that keeps us upright, for though it may appear that we are alone in this world, appearances are deceiving. Each Christian who faithfully walks in God's Way of Holiness walks with God, with Christ and with The Holy Spirit. It is a walk of Faith: faith in the promises of God; faith in The Christ Who died for me and rose from the grave and intercedes even now on my behalf with His Father; faith that I will see God and live. 
    I am an Overcome for Christ lives in me. I have nothing to fear. The words and actions of this world cannot destroy me, nor can they hurt me or kill me. For I have The Living Word living in me. And when I leave this body, I will live forever with Him. 
    Come to Jesus. Today could be your day of salvation. O Happy Day

OVERCOMER - Mandisa 

I SPEAK JESUS - Charity Gayle 

SAY HIS NAME - Crowder & Maverick City

O COME TO THE ALTAR - Elevation Worship

GOODNESS OF GOD - Bethel Music

No comments:

Post a Comment