Thursday, March 28, 2024

Statements of Faith - Washed In The Blood

 


1 Corinthians 6:11
And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified, in The Name of The Lord Jesus Christ and by The Spirit of our God. 
Hebrews 9:13-14
For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that their bodies are clean,  how much more will the blood of Christ, who through The eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God, purify our consciences from works of death, so that we may serve the living God!


THE REPENTANT HEART
Psalm 51:1-3
For the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. When Nathan the prophet came to him after his adultery with Bathsheba. Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your loving devotion; according to Your great compassion, blot out my transgressions.
Wash me clean of my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.

    The commandments of God revealed the impossibleness of being saved through the law and that a Savior from God was needed to bring us into a right relationship with God. This Savior from God came to this earth and showed us the Way back into God's grace and mercy. His Name is Jesus Christ and He is God's only begotten Son (John 3:16). 
    God took His Word and wrapped it in the fragility of flesh (John 1:14) and through the power of His Holy Spirit, God placed His Word in Mary's womb (Luke 1:35). His Name, Jesus, means "He shall save His people" (Matthew 1:21, Luke 1:31). 
    Not, however, through the conquering Kingship God's people were expecting. God's plan of salvation was to send His perfect Lamb to be the atoning sacrifice which would be the "once and for all" salvation of God's people. No longer would animal sacrifices be necessary. For when God's Lamb died, the veils to the holy of holies was ripped open wide and now all had access to God through Christ; but only through Christ Jesus. For "There is no other Name under heaven by which men must be saved." (Acts 4:12). 
    My sins have been washed in the blood of The Lamb of God and I am forgiven! Come to the cross and see The Lamb of God which takes away the sins of the world! 







No comments:

Post a Comment