Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Little Pieces of Clay-Making a Christian-1. In the Potter's Hands


Job 1:20 "THEN Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down to the ground, and worshiped." 

The art of worshiping comes from the heart of a worshiper. True worship comes from a heart that remains broken before God. Anyone can sing a song of praise; but God knows the heart. So, even if the song sounds good to our ears, it is just a clanging noise to God's ears. 

1. In the Potter's hands: Job 1
     The book of Job begins with a description of who Job is: that he is an upright man, perfect (righteous) and honorable. A man of Integrity. He fears God and does no evil. We are shown his children, his livelihood, and his abundance. We see that Job interceded for his children on their behalf to God. 
     But one day Satan and the Lord have a conversation regarding Job, resulting in Satan being allowed by God to test Job. Satan hopes to destroy us through our trials and tests, as he tried to do to Job. But God knows our hearts. He allows us to be tested that our faith may be strengthened. And revealing to other people in our lives that God is God through our actions while be tested. 
     Satan is allowed to bring death and destruction to Job's family and property believing that Job would curse God and thereby sentence himself to death. But Job did not. He got up from where he sat, tore his clothes off, shaved his hair off, and fell to the ground, WORSHIPing God: I was born naked, I will die naked: the Lord gives and the Lord takes away: BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD." 

     Everything I have, I have because God gives it to me. Everything I am is a culmination so far of the changes I have allowed God to make within me. I am not who I was: no longer do I wallow in the pits of sin.  I do not drink. I do not get high. I do not sleep around. I do not even want to any more! God changed me because I asked Him to. When I was baptized in His Holy Spirit, He took away the desire to self-destruct. I am His daughter and He is my God. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment